WnSoft Forums

Interesting thread on DPreview

steven62

There is a thread over in dpreview going on that most of you may want to take a look at about slide software being able to do professional zooming and panning. I figured some of you more knowledgeable types may want to get involved regarding PTE.

http://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/3601070My link

Steven

Hi Igor,

It's lonely out there!!

There MUST be more PTE Forum Members who can respond to this sort of request.

I wouldn't expect a Canon owner to go to Nikon Cafe, but DPReview is fairly neutral and it only takes two minutes to register and post.

DG

Hi Guys and Gals,

One useful suggestion I would make is to change the subject line from the original to something like "suggest PTE for this." The reason is that if left to the default, readers who only "scan" the thread will not know that you are suggesting PTE for the OP. If you have PicturesToExe or PTE in your response subject, then even those who do not thoroughly digest the thread will know that a number of people have suggested PTE. Users of competitive products have been using this ploy for years and it has worked very well for them. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.... If we do this religiously, the word will soon get around that PTE is THE product to have.... No matter what you say inside your thread, those who don't read it will never know that you are recommending PTE UNLESS you change the subject to reflect that.

Best regards,

Lin

There is another thread regarding audio in slide shows in the same forum HERE. I know because I replied to it by mistake instead of the other thread as they were running 1 after the other at the time.

I do not feel confident in answering this one as I do not know enough about using version 8, although I am going through Barry's tutorial and upgraded to version 8 last week.

I feel as though I am starting from scratch because it has been a tough time between June and October having lost my younger brother and then my wife lost her mom in Oct.

I kind of lost the thrill of photography and slide shows for awhile but am just getting back into it.

Anyway, thanks to Barry's CD and version 8 I am learning all over again but feel that we as PTE users need to stay on top of the questions about slide programs from other forums if we truly believe that PTE is the cats meow as it were laugh.gif/>(and I think most of us do).

Steven