WnSoft Forums

Apply to all slides

vilara

Sorry, you did not say what the consequence of the ticked box should be. I see logical problems.

The function of the button is clear: You press it, and the corresponding feature is applied to all slides. It changes the situation as it is just in this moment. Later you may make manual changes in some slides, the overall situation will change. Again, some time later, you may want to press the button again. There isn't anything permanent with the action of using the button, it is just an action at a particular moment. In my opinion a ticked box indicates something permanent, but the function "Apply to all slides" does not have a permanent nature.

Regards,

jt

Hi Vilara,

The colour of the button changes from plain silver to an iridescent blue when it is clicked. A second click returns it to its original silver colour and, as you say, causes no action. There is, therefore, good visual feedback to the user as to whether the button has been activated. Also, the button is a much bigger target to click on than would be a tiny little tick box. On balance I would suggest that the existing implementation is, perhaps, better than your proposal.

regards,

Peter

Thanks Vilara and PGA,

now I understand that this button works like a chekcbox.

I had some trouble whith it.

Really, when I go to the project option (not the slide option), I suppose, if I ask for the slide number, it's for all the slides.

Denis

... On balance I would suggest that the existing implementation is, perhaps, better than your proposal ...

You should not compare button and checkbox. They are conceptually different.You can use a button now, and if you like it, you can use it again (some time later). What about a checkbox? You can tick it, and once it has been ticked, you cannot tick it again, but you may un-tick it. So you can toggle between two states. So once again I would like to ask the users who want to see here that kind of box: Please give a precise definition about the functionality of the box. Otherwise we are discussing the theory of the empty set.

Regards

jt

You should not compare button and checkbox.

Why not? We are not discussing the merits of the button vs the tick box in isolation; we are discussing the two options as they are (or might be) implemented on the Project Options > Defaults tab. In the situation being discussed, the status of the "Apply to all slides" button does not take effect until the OK button has also been clicked. If the "Apply to all slides" button was replaced by a tick box, the status of that would not take effect until the OK button was clicked. So the point at issue is: which gives a clearer indication of its status, a big button that changes colour or a little box that gains a tick in it?

regards,

Peter