WnSoft Forums

Ken Burns Effect Available Soon?

Jerry Gowins

Hi Jerry,

Could you elaborate a bit on what it is you would like to do?

Any type of Ken Burns effect is extremely easy to do with PIcturesToExe. If you could give us a bit more details about the specifics of what you want to accomplish, maybe we can help you achieve you goal.

Best regards,

Lin

Hi Jerry,

I thought that might be what you had in mind. It's exceedingly easy with PicturesToExe. How you might want to proceed is to go to this link and download the very first tutorial. Just scroll down past the red index to the PZR (Pan, Zoom Rotate) and download the AVI video.

Essentially you just go to the Objects and Animations screen where you set keyframes. The first keyframe is automatically inserted so you decide how you want the image to look when first viewed by your audience, then drag it with the bounding rectangles to that size and position. Then along the timeline you create additional keyframes and different zooms or pans and PTE takes care of creating the pans, zooms, rotates, etc. as show progresses.

Download and watch the first tutorial. Even though many of these tutorials were made many iterations ago they are still perfectly relevant in that they will explain exactly how to proceed. If you have further questions, just post them and I or someone else on the forum will walk you through the process.

The above link is taking you to the Tutorials Section which is a sub-category of the Frequently Asked Questions section of the forum. Specifically, the link is taking you my own selection of 40 plus tutorials on different aspects of PTE.

Best regards,

Lin

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi Jerry

I've just uploaded my basic tutorial No 7 which deals with Transitions & Styles in Pictures to Exe 8.0.1. It takes a brief look at basic pre-set styles including what you were originally asking. It is also available as a better quality download from Slideshow Club.

Yachtsman1

Guest Yachtsman1

Jerry

DPI I believe has no relationship with sizing your images for displaying on your monitor or TV, it is a term used when printing, DPI = Dots Per Inch, I've just sold my photo scanner which would scan at 2400 DPI for high quality prints. BTW widescreen is 16-9 aspect ratio, or 1920 x 1080 pixels if that is the aspect ratio of your monitor or TV.

Regs Eric

Yachtsman1.

Jerry,

You are resizing to 3:2 (dpi/ppi is irrelevant in this case).

If 3:2 is the Aspect Ratio (AR) of your project - great.

If your Project AR is anything other than 3:2 you might find that you will want to change all images from "Fit to Screen" to "Cover Screen" for those images on which there is no animation e.g. Zoom.

There is a STYLE which converts all images to "Cover Screen" from the default "Fit to Screen".

DG