WnSoft Forums

Length of a Slide show

As I write this I am sitting in our caravan just getting some files ready on the laptop for a demo at club in Sydney tonight. I would dearly love to be able to tell the length of a slide show from the completed exe file.

A mouse over in Explorer does not include the length of the show and I now can't remember how long it was.

Ayone have any ideas that I don't

The only way I know is to include the video navigation bar in the exe. Run the exe, drag the bar to the end of the show and read the time displayed. Without the video navigation bar I don't think there is any way to tell the length of the show from the exe file without running it completely to time it.

Of course you "could" fix this when you create an exe by including a hotspot to click on which jumps to a slide otherwise not included in the show displaying the run time.

Best regards,

Lin

Well, when you're at home with the project file it isn't an issue. I just had a thought I might run a show I made some time ago on the Grey Card, but given limited time for the demo I won't run it without knowing the length.

I suppose if that info could easily be included into the mouse over info or the properties, Igor would have done so. Its not the first time I needed a memory jogger to how long a previosuly made exe would be

Barry,

What I do isn't going to help you while you're on the road at present, but it might be a tool to add to your collection.

I keep a record of the duration of each of my sequences in the attached spreadsheet. It should be largely self-explanatory. When I get a booking, I use the menu column to build up an evening of the required duration, setting aside time for some introductory chat for each item and a few minutes for questions. Then I save the file under a name that connects it to the audience it is intended for. As I complete each PTE project it takes only a couple more seconds to note the duration in the PTE project file and insert a new line in the correct place for the new show.

AV Show Durations.zip

Like Frans, we use a similar procedure for av shows created by members of our club for showing to other organisations. The exe file name is of the form "AV Show Name_C(4m45).exe", where the "C" indicates whether the show includes commentary. When we present shows to other organisations, we like to have a varied programme , some AV with commentary and some without. Including the run time in each file name helps us judge how long the programme will be.