WnSoft Forums

What has Photoshop's Bridge ever done for us?

I wrote this in response to a number of people who have Bridge installed on their computer, but rarely use it. Many believe it offers little, others are not sure what it can do. Some prefer to sidestep any extra learning by staying with a browser they are familiar with. No problem, but every little bit of information helps as they say.

You can go directly to just that Bridge PDF here

or

You can go to our PDF page and see what else may be of interest.

Can Lightroom export a collection of images straight into a single stack of layers in Photoshop? I learned that Bridge could do that when I read Barry's PDF. That is a feature that I will find extremely useful during the preparation of images for an AV sequence.

Thanks, Barry! Very informative and inspired me to take a real look at Bridge, which I admit to never using because I have always used other photo/thumbnail management programs. I see some real possibilities here which I had overlooked. Appreciate your posting this PDF.

Oh Judy please, I thought it was only men who got over protective of the software they use. Bridge is a part of Photoshop Just like the Catalogue is in Lightroom. There are no right and wrong answers or solutions here and I am not trying to drag you away from lightroom. In fact, if you have to ask then your not ready for Photoshop yet. In your case Lightroom is better.

Lightroom -v- Photoshop

Mary - Your not alone staying with other thumbnail/browsers and most people can understand we have to lower the learning curve for ourselves at times. I certainly do, but if you are a Photoshop user, Bridge is worth a look

I use all three. I just wondered if you had any light to add -_-

1. Bridge is a better "Browser" even if terribly antiquated -- unless you import photos into LR. Then there is nothing else like LR for browsing.

2. Bridge is better for producing multi-page/object PDF's

3. Bridge is better for quick RAW editing of smart objects

4. Peter mentioned the advantage of a Bridge collection to PS Layers stack

5. Bridge is better for coordinating multi-media compilations

I can't think of any other advantages. In every other way, Lightroom is immensely superior to Bridge. I am not throwing Photoshop into the equation--it is a different creature for a different purpose. Not sure why they even need compared. I guess there some overlap as your PDF indicates.

Actually Bridge works just fine independently of Photoshop. You should know that. http://helpx.adobe.com/bridge/using/adobe-bridge.html

Users who have Bridge but have never used it would likely perform 95% of the same tasks far more easily in Lightroom. Guiding such people to Bridge may be a few years outdated.

This is what Scott Kelby and Matt Kloskowsi say: http://scottkelby.com/2011/100-ways-lightroom-kicks-the-bridge-and-camera-raws-a/

Those still wanting an introduction to Bridge will find a lot of value in your excellent PDF document.

Well, that's that then. Bridge is antiquated and Photoshop is a different creature for a different purpose. Sounds a bit like me really :rolleyes:

I don't think much is served by comparing LR and PS either, but the fact remains, many people are always searching for the holy grail. They use Photoshop and a LR user tells them they should be using LR and vice versa and they start to worry they are missing something. My article was a response to that, but what is better for one person will not be for another.

Who cares what is used and why, it's not going to impact on the persons images they produce, one bit?

• 2 months later...