WnSoft Forums

PicturesToExe on Facebook

Lin Evans

As most here know, Igor opened a great new official Facebook "Page" for PicturesToExe here:

https://www.facebook.com/picturestoexe

Hopefully, everyone who uses Facebook will go to and "like" this page to help promote a wider appreciation of our great tool! Join in the conversations and posts and let's help promote our favorite software!

I decided to also start a PicturesToExe Facebook "Group" here:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/picturestoexefans/

and invite all Facebook users to go there and put in a request for membership. Once you are a member of the group, then please invite all your Facebook friends whether or not they are PTE users. If you invite all your Facebook friends, they will become group members as quickly as I can add them. As a Private Group, their membership doesn't show when people click on their individual Facebook page group memberships. Only the "public" groups show memberships. So the only way outsiders can know that someone is a member of the PTE group is to go to the Facebook Group page and scroll through the membership. If some of your friends don't want to be members, they can easily opt out, but I think most will enjoy the things we talk about there. The group is private which means that people who are not members can see the membership, but not read the comments. There are good reasons for this because it allows us to discuss things privately about PTE and even other software without adverse comments or arguments from distractors. It will still come up on search engines and help promote PTE. There is no reason why we can't also have other PicturesToExe groups under different names such as the suggestions by Dave and Ian such as "Friend's of PicturesToExe", etc. These groups can be made public if users desire.

So stopy by, request membership and it will quickly be approved then join in and post your comments, pictures, links to shows, and such. Your other Facebook friends who are invited will be members unless they actively decline and many of them may get interested and become happy PicturesToExe users!

UPDATE: By popular request - the PTE Group is now public....

Lin

Hi Lin,,

I am reluctant to use Facebook for different personnal reasons but however I think that is quite a good idea to create a dedicated Facebook group and let Facebook' friends know what it is possible to do with PTE.

Good luck.

Daniel

I do use face book for a number of reasons. Its is perfect for promoting yourself if you run a small company or a trust; its a great opportunity to promote you cause, allowing people to be kept informed of changes and to keep in touch with members.

You can post details of events, milestones or offers, and see who may attend events and get feedback.

While in the past face book may have had some negative reviews, it has both got its act together in terms of privacy of its membership and its client use. The younger generations were using face book in a very superficial way, however now a more mature population has really taken the bull by the horns and is exploiting face books facility's to the max.

You just need to take your time to set up face book privacy setting and news feed notifications in a way that best suits you. The benefits are that you can keep in touch with a very wide audience.

Topic locked - this post was intended as informational only - not really intended for discussion and especially not for political discussion. If someone would like to start another topic for discussion please feel free to do so...

Lin

right on Lin

ken