WnSoft Forums

Creating exe for PC's - limitated size??

Adda

This week I created I show with about 380 slides (pictures and videos).

I used the picture-files in original-size (4608x3072, JPG, 90%).

The size off all the stuff was about 3,6 GB.

Creating the exe needs a very long time.

Playing the show, I saw, there was no navigation bar.

And in the last part (last 50-100 slides) of the show all pictures were missing (blue placeholder).

Is there a size limit for exe-Files?

Seeing K4 is coming, I want to use original-size-files.

I will not make the shows new in some years.

Best regrads

Andreas

Hi Andreas,

By now you have probably discovered that the 32 bit limitation (PTE is presently a 32 bit software) does indeed impose a limit on executable size which is around 2 gigabytes. Since 4K is actually 8 megapixel, there is no advantage for each and every one of your slides to be at a 14 megapixel size (14,155, 776 pixels). Only slides which have a zoom in to 1:1 size will be improved by using the full pixel matrix dimension resolution. If you resize them all to 8 megapixel and use compression equalling Photoshop 8, you may be able to get the show down sufficiently in size to fit into the 2 gigabyte limitation. If particular slides have a deep zoom-in, then use the full resolution for only those slides.

In the future, PTE will be a 64 bit software and this limitation will be changed dramatically, but for now to stay under the 2 gigabyte executable file size imposed by 32 bit limitations and still provide for 4K resolution, just make resized copies in a separate folder with identical file names, and direct PTE to open the show there and everything should work fine.

Best regards,

Lin

I wonder if the .ptshow file can be bigger than 2 GB since it's not an exe? It's almost like the do not include (video) file option.

update 9.14.2014. Testing with Create Safe File for Internet I was able to create a 3 GB zip file in the > 2GB (max exe) and < 4 GB (max zip). It started to play but was missing the video control at the bottom of the screen. So it might be possible for PTE 32 bit player to play larger .ptshow files.

Tom