WnSoft Forums

How to move audio clips as a group?

goddi

There are potential logic issues with moving a group of files in the center unless there is sufficient space to do so. One way to accomplish this would be to just click on the audio selection to the left of the group you want to move and drag it down to the next track. It won't change the play relationship, it will just get them out of the way so there is no connection with those you're moving. Likewise those to the right of the cluster you want to move. Once you have them moved and if there is room, then just drag the ones you moved to another track back to their original positions.

Best regards,

Lin

Lin, Gary,

This is possibly now irrelevant but I think that I have discovered why your video demonstration worked and Gary might not have been able to get it to work.

If you accept the default zoom ratio for the Timeline then you are not able to see all four clips at the same time - correct?

In this scenario when you click and drag from the beginning of the first clip then all clips are moved without overlapping/crossfading.

HOWEVER, if you change the Zoom Ratio for the Timeline to be able to see all clips at the same time it becomes impossible to move the first clip without creating a crossfade between clips one and two.

At least that's my observation.

Another observation: By adding/linking multiple audio files to a single slide (in the same track) it is impossible to overlap/crossfade them in a single track.

HOWEVER, if the multiple audio files are added to different tracks and then linked to a single Slide they can then be overlapped/crossfaded by means of the Fader "handles" and still move in sync with the slide to which they are linked.

DG

There are potential logic issues with moving a group of files in the center unless there is sufficient space to do so. One way to accomplish this would be to just click on the audio selection to the left of the group you want to move and drag it down to the next track. It won't change the play relationship, it will just get them out of the way so there is no connection with those you're moving. Likewise those to the right of the cluster you want to move. Once you have them moved and if there is room, then just drag the ones you moved to another track back to their original positions.

Best regards,

Mur, Yes that is what I was saying, but also being able to select a group that begins with the initial audio file.

Lin, You say to 'just click on the audio selection to the left of the group...', but there is not way to 'select a group'. You have to move each one down, one at a time, with the potential of disrupting their precise positioning. But you are right that that is a good way of doing it for the time being. I remember that there was a posting that suggested, when moving audio files down to another track to retain their precise position, you can copy the audio file's 'time position', move the audio file down to the other track, then paste the time back into the box. The audio file will return to that position if it happened to be off a bit by the movement. Thanks for the reminder of that technique.

Gary

Hi goddi

No problem to include the initial audio file, justs click it with the shift key pressed.

If you click the right side of a slide to crop the end point, with the shift key pressed, the group moves.

Mur,

When I say I want to be "able to select a group that begins with the initial audio file" I don't mean the entire track of audio files. I mean to be able to select and shift only a selected group that are at the beginning of the track.

Gary