WnSoft Forums

Add 'Adjust Image and Border' to Project Options/Defaults

goddi

Greetings,

When I want to add a border to all of the images in a show, I have to do it in O&A, image by image. It seems it would be more convenient if we could add a border to all the images if the same 'Adjust Image and Border' was available in Project Options/Default (with the ability to remove/adjust the results on any particular image by doing so in O&A) ).

I know that the current 'Display shadow behind slide image' adds shadows, but I want a crisp border, not a shadow.

Gary

post-1794-0-33918000-1417980437_thumb.jp

Gary,

The behaviour you want already exists; at least, something very like it does.

Drag your first slide into the Slide List, go to the Properties tab in O&A, and set up your border on this first slide. Then click on the link "Save and use by default" at the bottom of the Properties panel. Last time I used this setting I got the impression it was remembered like a Settings > Preference (i.e. the value persisted across all projects until I changed it again).

regards,

Peter

Gary,

The behaviour you want already exists; at least, something very like it does.

Drag your first slide into the Slide List, go to the Properties tab in O&A, and set up your border on this first slide. Then click on the link "Save and use by default" at the bottom of the Properties panel. Last time I used this setting I got the impression it was remembered like a Settings > Preference (i.e. the value persisted across all projects until I changed it again).

regards,

Peter

Peter,

I tried out your steps. Yes, I see that it works. But, who would ever realize that this is what it can do??? I hope that Igor will work out a menu item as I have described. The method you describe works as you construct the show (as you add each new image). If you want to add borders after you have placed all of your images, this method would not work...unless you removed and re-added each image. There should be a better method. But thanks for letting me know how the 'Save and use by default' works.

Thanks. Gary

Styles?

DG

Dave, I don't think that Styles should be used for something that is basic. It should be available as a Menu item. I look at Styles as something similar to macros (Excel) or actions (PS). Creating basic borders, as in 'Adjust Image and Border', I think, should not be viewed as such.

Gary

Gary

I entirely agree with you.

I raised this very point months ago but didn't get any support for it.

While Peter and davegee have offered possible solutions, they are not options that newcomers would be familiar with, and we have regularly had comments about making PTE as logical and friendly as possible.

As you say, a global setting for shadows already exists so it just seems a natural step to include a global one for borders as well, in my view.

Regards

wideangle