WnSoft Forums

Keep Full Slide Duration

Thank you, but I think some voices are silent on the matter when they may not agree. I have two more points to make on this subject.

1. You only have to look at the threads and words created on this subject over the past year or so. Anything that demands that much noise cannot be right in my simple view.

2. How did we all manage to make a slide show a few years ago when KFSD or FSD was never shown on the thumbnails in the slide list?

Indeed, a nice presentation! Nevertheless we see a rather unreflected contribution. We should not forget that the KFDS feature has been discussed several times since the introduction of version 7 (e.g. here). We still see side effects which are a horror for people who care for a precise synchronization of transition points and music. So there are substantial reasons, not to use KFSD! I hope that we can avoid another discussion.

Regards,

jt

Indeed, a nice presentation! Nevertheless we see a rather unreflected contribution.

Sorry JT I don't know what unreflected contribution means

We should not forget that the KFDS feature has been discussed several times since the introduction of version 7 (e.g. here). We still see side effects which are a horror for people who care for a precise synchronization of transition points and music.

So there are substantial reasons, not to use KFSD! I hope that we can avoid another discussion.

Sorry, but I have to say it. :P If you want to avoid another discussionm why reply, just ignor the posts :D

As Barry knows, I totally disagree with him. By all means make kfsd as the default if you want. Unless keeping normal slide duration as an option is stopping future development of the software, and I cannot believe it is, I see no reason for getting rid of it. Not all of us make A/V's in the same way as Barry, in fact there are a huge variety of work methods and the beauty of PTE is that it can handle all of them.

Mickp

Sorry JT I don't know what unreflected contribution means

This is an obvious killer argument. Hier ein Versuch in deutscher Sprache: Es handelt sich um eine unüberlegte Aktion.

Sorry, but I have to say it. If you want to avoid another discussionm (do you mean "discussion"?) why reply, just ignor (do you mean "ignore"?) the posts.

Sorry, but I have to say it: We have to take care that in future versions the nonsense of KFSD will not be the only way to go. If it remains just an option, I won't care about it.

Regards,

jt

Last word

From a personal point of view, I don't care either. In my way of working the KFSD settings could all be got rid of and it would not impact me personally at all, but that really isn't the point. It's not about me or you at all.

My motive is to see PTE remain powerful and versatile, while trying to keep it as simple as possible for the new user. Whether that is possible or not, I am not sure, but I think some effort to avoid the over complicated should be made. From a selfish point of view and a creator of tutorials I could be saying, make it as complex as possible, but I don't really believe in that of course.