WnSoft Forums

Preview does not work

HansSchellen

Hans,

Please let me know:

1. What you see on the screen when you click "Preview" button - the main window of PicturesToExe or black screen?

2. Try to create "Executable show for PC" (in Publish menu) and run the created EXE file. Do you see the launched slideshow?

3. What video card installed in your PC?

4. What antivirus installed at your PC?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Please try to de-activate your antivirus software (Panda Gold) and try again to run preview in PicturesToExe.

We highly recommend to use a free Microsoft Essentials antivirus installed provided by Microsoft.

If you prefer advanced antivirus, try a free Avast antivirus, or Norton antivirus.

Ken,

Thanks, I'll try to test "Superspyware" software with PicturesToExe.

Honestly, a lot of antiviruses don't work well and causes problems for other software programs.

Igor

I have it disabled from the startup loop -- on the working system

I had too much trouble clearing it from the pte problem

could not afford the stress it was putting me thru -- I tried everything and when pte started working proper I quit while I was ahead

ken

Hi Igor,

I do not want to deactivate my Panda virus scanner. It is a well known, well respected good virus scanner and if that gives a problem with PTE, PTE has to solve that and not the other way around.

I am sofar a very happy user of PTE but if there is nog good solution for this problem that I will simply switch to Magix.

Hans

Hi Hans,

No, it's not a PTE issue if disabling Panda resolves the problem. Perhaps Panda is indeed causing the problem. Nobody can solve this problem for you if you refuse to temporarily disable your virus scanner and test.

Simply take your computer off-line (disconnect it from the internet) then there is no possibility of getting a "virus'" Disable Panda and see if this corrects the problem. If it does then Panda is where the issue lies. Many thousands of users are not having issues and there are plenty of good anti-virus programs which do not have issues with false positives or interfere with the operation of other software. Maybe it's a Panda issue, maybe not but we will never know unless you can be reasonable.

No software is perfect and Panda has been problematic for some and for actually deleting system files... Panda also has a history of many false positives. Here's a review by one user and below results from testing the last time Panda was tested for false positives. Perhaps there is no problem with Panda but there could very well be one from their history:

--------------------------------

5 of 5 people found the following review helpful
1.0 out of 5 stars computer killer, August 19, 2011
This review is from: Panda Global Protection 2011 3-PC- Soft Pack (CD-ROM)
When Panda was first introduced to the U.S. I purchased it and used it with satisfactory results. For some reason it became unavailable in my area so I switched to a different brand. It later appeared in our area again (about 8 or 10 years back) so I once again purchased it. I was using Windows XP at the time. Everything seemed to be okay then Panda began telling me that I needed to do a re-install. This would happen almost every day. Then one day it informed me that a file was infected and had been deleted whereupon my compute promptly shut down and would not re-boot. It would not re-boot because the file that Panda deleted was a vital system file. I was able to boot into Safe mode and remove Panda. I informed Panda of the problem and was told that every antivirus application would do something like that from time to time. Strange but none of the others I used ever did that.

After that incident I used various Internet security applications; Norton, McAfee, AVG, Kaspersky, etc. until Panda's 2011 version came out.

I installed Panda's 2011 version on my wife's computer and my own. We are both running Windows Vista. Everything seemed to be doing fine. Until, once again, I could not boot my computer. Once again Panda had taken the liberty of deleting and/or putting system files into quarantine wherever Panda hides that. This time it was impossible to boot even in Safe mode. I had no recourse but to do a complete drive format, re-install Windows, software, etc. Needless to say Panda was not re-installed. A different Internet security package was installed on our home computers.
Because I had the almost identical occurence on two different computers running two different operating systems years apart due to Panda's inability to recognize system files I could not give Panda even one star but Amazon requires that you give at least one. If I were to rate it honestly I would give it a -5.

Customer Reviews
16 Reviews
5 star:
(6) 4 star:
(3) 3 star: (0) 2 star: (0) 1 star:
(7)
Average Customer Review
Share your thoughts with other customers
Create your own review

panda.jpg

---------------------------------------

Best regards,

Lin

• 3 weeks later...

If I click the preview at the top of the screen it does not open in full screen and the slide show does not start. Have no adea what happened and how to fix this.

Everything else seems to work normally,

Hans Schellen

A few questions for you to answer to help further trouble-shoot your issue :

1- What is the build and version of PTE program you are using ?

2- Has the FULL SCREEN view never worked on this PC or just until recently ?

3- What is the make, model, and type (Laptop,Desktop,etc) of your PC (since you dont know your video card) ?

A simple test to perform:

* Create a new project file and just add 3 blank slides by using Insert Blank Slide right-click option in Slide List. Click Preview button or hit keyboard F5 Key. Does FULL SCREEN view activate and display just a black screen ?

Another simple test to perform ( If above test fails) :

* Use the same new project file above ... except this time enable Windowed mode ( not Full Screen ) within the Project Options | Screen tab | Mode. Test again Preview button or keyboard F5 Key.