WnSoft Forums

Hold time points option : a strange behaviour

Picsel

By error (because usually I never use these options)
- "Hold time points after changes in the slide list"
- " Keep Full slide duration"
both options was checked inside Project preferences see attachment n°1.

post-6446-0-71988900-1427720189_thumb.jp

But I noticed some strange behaviour and made the following tests :

1) I put one blank slide + 3 slides 7s duration +3s transition = 10s FSD on the timeline that is OK see attachment n°2

post-6446-0-39790400-1427720292_thumb.jp

2) I drag a video clip whose exact duration was 32s88 as view n°2 ( between slide n°2 and slide n°3)

I was surprised that the view duration was not 32s88 but remains 10s .....! So, I guessed that was a consequence of checking option "Hold time points..." not very predictable but can be understood, so OK....see attachment n°3.

post-6446-0-37241100-1427720334_thumb.jp

The strange behaviour is in fact what I noticed with view n°4 (slide n°3) whose 10s duration was increased to 13s! Why? Due to the insertion of the video clip ? see attachment n°4

post-6446-0-77292400-1427720402_thumb.jp

It seems that whatever the number of slides on the timeline before the insertion of the video clip at the view n°2 that is always the before last view duration which is increased to 13s!
see attachment n°5

post-6446-0-60437300-1427720452_thumb.jp

That seems not very logical, I did not understand this strange behaviour....

Daniel

edited later : with PTE v8.0.10

Daniel,

I confirm your observations.

And I tend to think that we should remove "Hold time points..." mode since it difficult to provide correct work of the program with all combinations ("Hold timepoints", "Keep full slide duration", etc).

Igor,

Personnaly I do not use this option, so I have no problem with that. However, I think it can be usefull in few cases when, after having built up a slideshow and having tuned up the synchronization betweeen slides and musics the PTE user want to move a slide from one position to another one without modifying the synchronization. But I understand your technical problem.

Daniel