WnSoft Forums

Link audio clips to slides

jt49

I don't know, if this question has been discussed before: Why isn't it possible to link more than one audio clip on the same track to the same slide?

Here a typical situation: You have a slide with a duration of, say, 25 seconds. You have, say, 12 short, non-overlapping sound clips associated to this slide (at carefully synchronized positions), all on the same track. Now you may link the first clip to the slide. In this situation you can move this slide with the mouse on the line of slides while all 12 clips follow correctly. But: You cannot copy this slide and paste it somewhere else, e.g. to another project. If you do it, you will loose 11 clips. Only the linked clip will follow. An awkward workaround: Put all 12 clips to 12 different tracks and link all of them. Another observation. If you delete your slide, only the linked clip will be deleted, as well. The other 11 clips will remain on their track :-(

Regards,

jt

To my way of thinking, this situation should be handled by linking the first audio clip to the slide and then linking each audio clip to its predecessor, forming a linked chain of audio clips. When Igor first introduced linking I wrote to him pointing out that there should be the ability to link audio to a slide, audio to other audio and audio to a specific timepoint that was not directly associated with any particular slide. So far, we have only one of those capabilities.

In the meantime, I have noticed that it actually is possible to do what I want to do. I only tried to link several clips on the same track to the same slide using the audio clips' context menus. There it does not work. If you link a second clip to some slide, the other clip pointing to this slide looses its link. But: If you set the links using the project options, it works. In the project options the corresponding slide numbers turn to red. Maybe that PTE dos not like these kinds of links. I don't know.

Regards,

jt

jt,

The usage of that trick in the Project Options is correct. This will work. Initially we thought it it's useless, but for your task it's usefull.

We will try to return to this subject later. Probably users will able do same in the Timeline view.

jt,

The usage of that trick in the Project Options is correct. This will work. Initially we thought it it's useless, but for your task it's usefull.

We will try to return to this subject later. Probably users will able do same in the Timeline view.

Great !

On a recent project, I had a sequences of 5 views, each of them including animations, commentaries, sound effects, and of course a background music.

It was impossible for me to link the audio clips to the appropriate views !

Now I have a solution, and I'm confident that PTE v9 will offer what I need!