WnSoft Forums

Folder with slides used

MUR

Hi MUR

Using a template will collect all your slides from different locations and put them into a single folder. That folder is by default on C drive in the ProgramData folder which is a hidden folder in Windows (although you can redefine its location).

I don't bother with templates at all. Instead I always do a Backup to Zip for every single project I create. That way I have immediate control of where I save it (usually onto a second drive), can immediately retrieve it, and it's readily available for copying etc etc without having to display hidden folders.

Above all I straightaway have a backup of my work, so don't suffer from the kind of problems about lost files sometimes mentioned on the forum.

Regards

wideangle

If the Template version is used and directed to a specified folder on a drive other than C, instant access to that Template at any time in the future is available via the File / Template menu without having to search and Extract.

DG

Hi DaveG

Yes, that's true, but to direct to a specific folder you have to go into File -> Templates -> Manage Templates and set the path before you can go to File -> Templates -> Create Template From This Show.

Backup to Zip is just two clicks as a simple Save As, so it's quicker and offers full flexibility of where to save it.

I was just pointing out that was my preferred approach because it is quick and gives a backup of your work at the same time.

Nothing wrong with templates if you like 'em! I just don't see the need for them.

Regards

wideangle