WnSoft Forums

Guest Yachtsman1

I saw this was a smokingoldfish production, we have a smokinggoldfish as a forum member, are you one & the same?

The show raised a smile as I am one of the up-cyclers I assume the film was aimed at. The pictures are one of my projects.

Yachtsman1.^_^

pbh161.jpg

pbh162.jpg

Great art piece. The smart watch is the latest piece of technology. Next year you should add VR goggles.

i try to use computers for 5 years before recycling. Around 3 years they start to slow down but if I replace the hd with a ssd and new graphics card they usually last 2 more years. Also linux is more memory efficient than windows. LCD with led backlight monitors last longer than the old crt monitors.

Tom

Thanks Stearman65,  you seem to have changed your name too! I am puzzled why my smokinggoldfish name has disappeared and has become my login ID.....my cover has been blown! Can you shed any light on this - it seems to be caused by the new website? Thanks for your comments and good luck with up cycling.  The pieces you show look to be in excellent condition,

sg

Thanks Tom for your kind remarks. This was shown at the Great Northern Festival recently, and at the end I said I was thinking of making a new piece of art called "Making More Progress" so if anyone had any iPhones or Tablets or iPads they didn't want I'd be happy to take them. Imagine drilling through a big iPad!

Seriously though I have made my point and won't be making a Mk II version.

sg

Guest Yachtsman1
3 hours ago, rgrover said:

Thanks Stearman65,  you seem to have changed your name too! I am puzzled why my smokinggoldfish name has disappeared and has become my login ID.....my cover has been blown! Can you shed any light on this - it seems to be caused by the new website? Thanks for your comments and good luck with up cycling.  The pieces you show look to be in excellent condition,

sg

Hi SG

So it isn't just me that has had their forum title switched, why I know not only to say for the last 12 months I have had to add my log in details before I could get into the forum, now I go straight in. Maybe someone will explain why soon.

:huh::huh::huh:

Hi Rgrover,

Great show with a nice social comment, it must feel weird to drill thru those old but still good products.

At least I play happily still some of my old records.

Bert  

• 1 month later...

I was awestruck.  I probably would have chosen a different finger...but then again, I'm rather tasteless...and you obviously have class.  Great video.

And oh what progress we have made.

Great comment on our world and all it's progress.

Jeff Lunt