WnSoft Forums

FONTS NOT RECOGNIZED BY PTE? [SOLVED]

orizaba

I am using Windows 7 and PTE 8.0.4 for a long time.

Recently I installed 3 new fonts in Windows, which are recognized and usable by Word and Excel but are not recognized by PTE, they don't show on Text font possibilities.

Any idea what is going on?

Thanks.

PTE only use TrueType fonts. Are these new fonts possibly not TrueType?

Correction: As Jean-Cyprien reminded me, PTE uses TrueType, OpenType and several other types - what type font did you add?

Best regards,

Lin

Thanks, both of you.

Fonts are:

- Bickham Script Pro Regular - Open type, PostScript Outlines

- Le Havre Layers Double Line Extra Bold - Open type, PostScript Outlines

- XMAS3 Regular - Open type, PostScript Outlines

As you said, beeing Open type, they should be recognized by PTE.

Now, something new: I have 2 computers, one desktop, the other a laptop, both with Windows 7 100% updated, same PTE 8.0.4, everything the same.

On my laptop, PTE recognizes these 3 fonts, they show on Objects&Animation Text properties and I can use them.

On my desktop, no, but I can use them in Word and Excel, so, they are also well installed and usable. Why PTE does not recognize and show them in my desktop?

Thanks and Regards,

Jose

Hi all, and thank you once more.

I am so sorry, I was confused about PTE versions installed in my computers!

In fact, the laptop, showing these fonts, is already with PTE 8.0.17, while the desktop was with 8.0.4 and didn't show these fonts. I just installed 8.0.17 in the desktop and fonts are showing, everything is ok!

By the way, someone knows when a 64-bit native PTE will be available? "Out of memory" issues go on in my shows...

Regards,

Jose