WnSoft Forums

Update; I've been poorly

Almark

Hi folks,

I haven't been about for a while as I've been poorly.   I was suddenly caught short of breath and knew it was serious, so I sought help immediately.  Long story short - I had numerous blood clots in my lungs.

I had a DVT over 10 years ago and my left calf keeps calving clots.  Every so often my left calf swells ups and I need help.  This time I was VERY lucky; my left calf didn't swell up to give me any warning, but the clots were small enough to pass through the heart without giving me a heart attack and big enough to get stuck in my lungs.  If they had been smaller they may have travelled up to my brain and given me a stroke.  The consultant admitted that the hospital and my doctor should have put me on blood thinning drugs many years ago, and that they both missed at least 2 opportunities to do this.

So; I am now on a new drug that prevents clots from forming, and I will be on this for ever more. I have been taking it easy the past while, but I hope to get back in to PTE shortly.  Santa is, I hope, bringing me a decent microphone.  I need to add narration to a number of existing shows and one new one.

May I wish you all a Happy Christmas...

Mark
Belfast, Northern Ireland.

_MLA0434 copy.jpg

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi Mark

My Wife & I have both been on Clopidogrel for a couple of years, I was also on Aspirin. 2 weeks ago the Pharmacist rang to say I no longer needed to take Clopidogrel, which I thought strange as I had been told originally I would have to take it for the rest of my life, so I insisted on this being confirmed by my Doctor. Eventually the Doctor rang & we discussed the two drugs, one of which is expensive, & which was the one they told me I didn't need. Eventually after I related my medical history, the Doctor agreed I should keep taking the Clopidogrel & stop the Aspirin. I got the distinct impression that someone was trying to cut down the costs to the government of prescription drugs.

Keep taking the tablets.

Eric

Yachtsman1.