WnSoft Forums

Windows 10

snapcam

I have been away from the forum for some time and I was wondering how is the up take of WINDOWS 10 going.

Few of my associates have taken the plunge due to reports of various problems and  was wondering have PTE users who have WINDOWS 10  found any difficulties with using PTE on the new system. Or any other problems affecting our production of sequences.

Snapcam

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi Snapcam

I'm still using W7 Professional 64bit. my theory, if it ain't broke why try to fix it. However, I've just bought a new camera & W7 was down the bottom of suitable OS's.

Regards

Yachtsman1.

"However, I've just bought a new camera & W7 was down the bottom of suitable OS's."

What do you mean by this? I am still using W7 Ultimate 64-bit and no problems at all with PTE 8.0.17 (except problems with PTE itself because of its 32-bit structure. When the 64-bit native?), but I can not see any relation of cameras with Windows OS's.

Regards,

Jose 

Thanks Guys,

I have been asked the question as there was a problem a few months ago when Windows 10 was found to corrupt SD cards when trying to transfer sound files to the computer with 10 installed. Windows were aware of this and promised a fix. I know some folk had problems when it  first downloaded with some programmes not working.

Snapcam

Guest Yachtsman1
1 hour ago, orizaba said:

"However, I've just bought a new camera & W7 was down the bottom of suitable OS's."

What do you mean by this? I am still using W7 Ultimate 64-bit and no problems at all with PTE 8.0.17 (except problems with PTE itself because of its 32-bit structure. When the 64-bit native?), but I can not see any relation of cameras with Windows OS's.

Regards,

Jose 

Hi Jose

The software with the camera said it was suitable for W7, W8 & W10, it didn't mention anything before W7.

Eric

Yachtsman1.

I have upgraded all my Windows 7/8 PCs because I was tired of getting daily alerts about the free upgrade and I didn't feel like blocking the alerts. No problems with PTE 8.

My primary operating system is now Linux (Fedora 23 xfce). I remote desktop into a Windows box if I need to run a Windows program (not PTE). Maybe when PTE 9 is released I will start using Windows again.

I also have a couple of Kangaroo portable PCs running 24/7 that have Windows 10 home pre-installed on them that I use for web browsing and monitoring security cameras.

Tom

I have upgraded or helped upgrade 8 computers so far.  Every single one of the 8 upgrades had some problem.  All were minor problems, except one Bluetooth problem which never has been resolved.  I still have not upgraded Daddy's computer (He is in a different country, so I cannot do it in person), because he is older and I am not there to fix whatever is certain to go wrong. 

Having said that, I personally like Win10 very much and think it worth the upgrade.