WnSoft Forums

Template creation, how do I make one with unique transitions, animation and duration

peterf600

Hello

Id like to create a template where each slide has a different duration, animation and transition. Is this possible? It seems I can only create a template using the project options tabs, but this only allows me to set the duration and transition the same for all slides.

Ideally I would like to create a template for 100 slides, with each slide having its own unique animation, transition, and duration. Id like to then be able create future projects by just plugging photos into this already made template, so the result would be many projects, using different photos, but each slide having the same animation, transition, and duration as previous projects. This way I will not have to set the options/animation for each slide every time I create a project. I hope this makes sense. Thanks.

I do not think that a Template would help you much here because you would have to add your images one at a time in Objects and Animation which is no quicker than changing transitions and durations.

Theoretically, it would be possible to create a Style to do exactly what you want but there would be "rules" that you would have to adhere to. Always 100 images etc. 

See the Online  Help for info on Styles.

DG

The hard part is that you would have to set up your initial show exactly how you want it.

Drag 100 images into the slide list.

Set up all the Transitions, durations etc the way you want them.

Highlight all 100 slides and create the Style in Slide Styles. The Style will sit in USER STYLES.

The next time that you want to do this, drag 100 images into the Slide List and highlight them all. APPLY your previously made Style and it will create a clone of the Initial show albeit with different images but the exact same Transitions and Durations. Read the information when applying the Style and it will tell you if you have added the right number of Images.

DG

P.S. another option would be to create similar Styles for 25 and 50 slides and build the show up in stages.

For some styles I create variations by type.  For example in a group I made yesterday I created similar but unique styles for Landscape, Portrait and Square images.  Those single slide styles can be applied to many slides simultaneously.

In a case like yours where you want variation among slides, I have done something similar by making groupings of styles, and then combining the groupings.  

So, I have a grouping of 4 slides (each slide different) and another set with different variations yet.  You can mix and match these groups of styles and save them as new monster-sized styles.  I think my biggest set is for 64 slides!  Most are a maximum of 16, but if you are careful, you can apply that 16 to any multiple of 16 and get great results.  You can apply such a style to any random number of slides, but may have some post clean up work to do, like removing extra blanks or cleaning up the last transition if it is complex.  I hope this makes sense.  It serves me well.

In your case you might make something like 4 different sets of 5 unique slides. That would be 20 variations.  Then you could apply those 4 styles to 100 slides and save the whole thing as a a 100 slide style.  I would suggest keeping it smaller for future versatility, like a maximum 20 slides.  Then apply that 20 slide style to your 100.

Let me add this for free:  Sometimes when I use a style that includes a blurred background, the background isn't positioned ideally, so I look carefully at each slide and adjust it as necessary to look best.  Just something to think about.

I have found this mix and match and choose method works well for certain kinds of shows like engagements, weddings, anniversaries, or history presentations. You can create a very impressive, complex slideshow, that is also completely customizable in very short time. 

You might be able to make custom transitions and then select random transition if you want every show to be different.

I did something like that a couple of years ago to simulate the Ken Burns effect.

Tom