WnSoft Forums

PTE Crashes with Lots of Error Messages

Tauratinzwe

PTE has decided to drive me crazy.  For some reason it has decided to repeatedly crash on me and throw up multiple error messages, each on top of the preceding.  I'm attaching a couple of screen shots showing examples.  Can anyone help me figure out if something has gone wrong with my installation of PTE or if I should blame my computer?

I'm running Windows 7 with 24 Gig of RAM and a video card 3 Gig RAM.

Any help would be appreciated before I lose my final bit of sanity.  I was having SO much fun learning PTE and pretending to be creative.

Well, I TRIED to upload screen shots.  I tried to load a 2.1 MB png and it tells me I can only load up to 3.13 MB.  It's been a long time since I taught math.  Is 2.1 > 3.13 these days?

Hi Leon,

Igor will probably comment but before he looks into this, could you tell us at what point in the process you get this error?  If you could describe the actual steps you take before this happens it might help to sort it out.

Best regards,

Lin

It usually happens when I open the Objects and Animation module.  I think I'll try to reinstall PTE just to see if something might have become corrupted.  Often it's like it gets into a loop and the error messages just pile up (as in the screen grab) and they won't stop.  I'll play around some more.

Larger images shouldn't cause that, I have made shows with images directly from a 20mp camera and they work fine. Re Installing is the first step.

some years ago I had a pal with a similar sort of issue and it was a jpg image that seemed to be causing the issue. It took us ages to find the one, because it showed up ok everywhere you expected it to.

As long as slides contain only a small number of images, large images do not cause trouble. But if there are (say) 20 to 30 10-mp-images inside a single slide, there will be problems when opening the corresponding O&A window.

Regards,
jt

I think the issue is resolved.  This time jt49 seems to have the winning answer.  Barry's observation is valid, but . . . I was so excited to try out TheDom's new Photo Box style that I didn't follow my normal workflow in prepping the photos.  I discovered that I was using 30 photos averaging about 75 MB each!  Outrageous!!  (I also discovered that I had them in the ProPhoto workspace which messes up colors on the web.)  I resized the photo files to a more reasonable and normal size and things are working fine again.  I agree with Barry that 20 mp images should work fine, but my files had become excessively bloated and exhausted PTE and my computer lifting that heavy weight. ;-)

I had TheDom's old photo box from his old web site and loved it.  The new one is even more impressive.  Check it out if you haven't yet.

Thanks to all for help resolving this issue.  I'll try to discipline myself better in the future.