WnSoft Forums

Useless Video

Laszlo K

I just can not figure out why video files have issues. A few time it worked for some odd reason, most other it has not, I found AVI being better MP4 and MOV useless. I ended up putting it together in a video editing program. The video file is MP4 1920X1080, 29fps

I run Win 7 video capacity custom built machine 500 GB SSD drive. Has no problem editing 4K files.

Here is the link to 2 short exe clip:

https://app.box.com/s/yh4k4eemlxll6qbqnjo1kf87dpiyxcnj

Any idea? Or solution?

Laszlo

Hi Laszlo,

Could you explain a bit more what the problem appears to be. I looked at both exe files, but am not certain what you are having issues with.  

High resolution video will not usually run smoothly in exe format unless you let PTE convert it. The best way I've found to run a high resolution video file in exe format is to convert it then load the converted video into PTE and create the exe file from that rather than trying to do it directly from the original video file.

The reason AVI may be better has to do with the compression. Usually, but not always, AVI files have less compression so are larger in file size than an equivalent MP4 or MOV file. That's why when PTE converts, the converted file is usually larger than the original, but having less compression will play better in real time on PTE.

Best regards,

Lin

Hi Lin

Thanks for your response

The problem was the jerkiness and hiccups of playback in video and audio.

I will try it again. Should I use 720 res? 

Laszlo

PS it is really odd the files are not visible anymore on the box

Experiment with the sizes if your software lets you.  I love high resolution, but PTE has a time with the video.  I use 720 at the most for now.  I hear it will change in the future.  Keep in mind the smoothness of the playback of stills and transitions is very unique in PTE.  Keep posting Laszlo...just use 720 and for now keep the video part on the short side.  I hope this helps...it isn't something you are doing wrong, to my knowledge.

Jeff Lunt

Just uploaded a file with a lot of video...it isn't great but it gives you an idea what you can do within the constraints of PTE.  It is a great program and will always get better.  The file is Valley of Fire in the Slideshow section.  

Thanks Jeff, Lin

I know PTE since I have been using it since late Version 2. Quite familiar with video because I used a video editing program before PTE to make slideshows and still use and edit video. I lead the AV group in one of the largest photo club in Canada so just to point out that basically I have to be able to give points and reasons if something is working or not. I will check your files.

Thanks again

Laszlo