WnSoft Forums

2 questions about v9 [SOLVED]

orizaba

(Extracted from CLOSE OBJECTS & ANIMATION, HOW TO? - Igor)

Hi Igor,

I am now trying PTE 9.0.3 and there it is, the close button, thank you.

Now, 2 questions about v9:

1. I think that Blur parameter does not produce any effect on videos when it is negative.

Positive values produce blur effect, negative do not produce any kind of "sharpness", but in late v8.0.21, negative values produce a kind of "sharpness" effect, most usefull indeed.

Is this so? If so, is it not possible to add, in a future update, a Sharpness filter?

2. On Project Options, Screen, does Unsharp Mask only produce effect on computer screen itself, or does it produce effect on Published HD MP4 file as well?

Thanks,

Jose

Hi Jose,

I haven't checked on all my systems (XP, Win 7 and Win 8) but on my XP system the "Blur" feature with a negative number has the identical effect on video as on still images - it creates a very visible sharpening.  Perhaps let Igor know your operating system and the type video card you are using.

Also on my XP system the unsharp mask effect is on both screen and published videos..

Best regards,

Lin

Thanks Lin,

I am using W7 Ultimate and video card is AMD Radeon HD8970M (driver v13.152.0.0). In this system PTE 8.0.21 produces the "sharpness" effect with negative Blur values.

I am trying PTE 9.0.3 in my older computer, where such result is not produced at all. It is W7 Ultimate as well, video card is AMD Radeon HD5700.

In fact, as I am now making a PTE big project in my "better" computer, I am still using PTE 8.0.21, and I only will install PTE 9.0.3 here when all my doubts will be cleared.

Anyhow, do you think that using an older video card (AMD Radeon HD5700) is reason enough to not produce such "sharpness" effect?

Regards,

Jose

Jose,

1. Your video card should be compatible with PicturesToExe 9. Negative value of Blur parameter (unsharp mask) should work for a created video file.

2. Unsharp mask set in the Project Options -> Screen should work for a created video file.

Try to create a new test project with 2-3 images. Adjust unsharp mask and create a video file. Will it work now? Try to encode different resolutions - 1280x720, 1920x1080.

Hi Igor,

Thanks.

I am enclosing 2 pictures, one with Blur = 0, the other Blur = -8000. I can see no diference at all. I started by -50, -100, -200, etc., the same result.

This was made with old computer AMD Radeon HD5700 where I am trying PTE 9. May be it is because of the nature of the video, which is an old Super 8 movie, digitalized frame per frame in a professional German laboratory. Video came at 18 frames per second and the converted avi still is 18 fps. Why blur negative values do not work with this movie? Instead, they work fine with normal slides/photos. Is it because of the video or because of the video card? 

Hi Igor,

Thanks.

I am enclosing 2 pictures, one with Blur = 0, the other Blur = -8000. I can see no diference at all. I started by -50, -100, -200, etc., the same result.

This was made with old computer AMD Radeon HD5700 where I am trying PTE 9. May be it is because of the nature of the video, which is an old Super 8 movie, digitalized frame per frame in a professional German laboratory. Video came at 18 frames per second and the converted avi still is 18 fps. Why blur negative values do not work with this movie? Instead, they work fine with normal slides/photos. Is it because of the video or because of the video card? 

Blur NEGATIVE 8000.jpg

Blur ZERO.jpg

Hi Igor,

I just sent you a private message on this, attaching a zip PTE sample project with which you can test this problem.

Please, kindly let me know if you received the message and PTE sample project.

Regards,

Jose

On 04/03/2017 at 9:25 AM, Lin Evans said:

Hi Jose,

I haven't checked on all my systems (XP, Win 7 and Win 8) but on my XP system the "Blur" feature with a negative number has the identical effect on video as on still images - it creates a very visible sharpening.  Perhaps let Igor know your operating system and the type video card you are using.

Also on my XP system the unsharp mask effect is on both screen and published videos..

Best regards,

Lin

Hi Lin,

I just sent you a private message on this subject.

I tried to send a message to Igor but he can not receive messages.

Regards,

Jose

Hi Jose,

It's your master frame (frame2)  which is causing the problem.You have a blur value attached to the master frame which supercedes everything below it. Set the master frame (frame 2) blur value to zero and everything will work as intended. 

Lin

Hi Igor,

Ok, in this meantime Lin solved the problem, thanks anyway.

I bought v9 upgrade about 15 hours ago but I have not yet received any reply from WnSoft neither the key to activate. Could you please see what is going on?

Best regards,

Jose

• Igor changed the title to 2 questions about v9 [SOLVED]