WnSoft Forums

Opacity of multiple keys in "O & A"

alrobin

This apparent bug in version 9 is not critical, but annoying, nevertheless.  

I have a map in a travel show where I have a little car running around on the highways.  When the car comes to a particular town, I flash the name of the town as well as a representative image from that location, superimposed on the map.

To accomplish this, I generally use four key frames for each town, with opacity zero for the first and last of the four frames, and 100% for the second and third.  After positioning the frames, I find that the "opacity" option in the "Animation" menu is not checked, and no value is set in the little associated boxes.   However, the default opacity is, in reality, 100%, for each of the four key frames. 

The next step is to set the opacity of the first key frame to zero.   To do this, I check the "opacity" box, and set the value to zero.   When I move  to each of the following key frames, lo and behold, their values are now set to zero too, but their opacity boxes are unchecked.  But I want key frames 2 and 3 to remain at 100 %, so I have go to each of them in turn and reset them to their proper value.   This is not a big deal, but I'm using a lot of key frames for that image of the map, and it gets a little tedious.

Thanks for listening,

..........Al R

Al,

Adding and Cloning KF are, in effect, the same thing except that in an "Added" KF the tick boxes are "unticked". If you add 4 KF they will all have the same settings as the KF from which you Added/Cloned.

If you are adding or cloning in between two KF with different settings then the "Add KF" will give a different result to the "Clone KF".

DG

Thanks Dave for your reply.    However, I should have mentioned that the first key frame is a "mask container".   When I click on the mask container icon and select "Add mask template", a key frame is added with all animation options checked, including "Opacity = 100".  Next I click on "Mask Content" in the list of keyframes on the right hand side, and hit the "Add Image" button. At this point the key frame animation options are still all checked.   Finally, I clone this key frame (using the "+" button) and all the clones are added without any animation options checked so that I have to go over all of the key frames in turn, selecting the animation options I want, for each one.

.............Al

Thanks, Jill!  It's hard for us "old folks" to keep up with all these changes (improvements?) in technology!   :) 

...........Al

Al,

PicturesToExe 9 adds new keyframes with unchecked parameters by default. It's a great improvement of the new version. Because this approach allows to set only necessary parameters for a keyframe. If you late want to adjust some parameters, you don't need to correct all other keyframes.

For example, you have 5 keyframes for an object. And you need to set Opacity 80% for all the object. If you later change you mind and want to set a new opacity 50% you need to correct only one keyframe, not all 5 keyframes. It will save a lot of time.