WnSoft Forums

On O&A, replacing a video by another video

orizaba

Igor,

PTE 9.0.4

In O&A, when we replace a video 20 seconds long (example), by another video 10 seconds long (example), I see in Properties, Video, Duration, that it still shows 20 seconds, which is the duration of the former video, not the duration of the new video. This is most inconvenient (and wrong!) and I think that you can easily correct it.

Jose

There is nothing to correct here !!!

A slide is a container for a set of visual objects, and it does not make sense to change the duration of a slide if one of its objects (maybe a video) will be replaced. An automatic change of duration is to be regarded as harmful, as it would destroy the synchronization of all slides that follow the one with the changed object. 

Regards,
jt49

1 hour ago, jt49 said:

A slide is a container for a set of visual objects, and it does not make sense to change the duration of a slide if one of its objects (maybe a video) will be replaced. An automatic change of duration is to be regarded as harmful, as it would destroy the synchronization of all slides that follow the one with the changed object. 

Regards,
jt49

Greetings JT,

I disagree that there is nothing to correct. I have had a similar event when I swapped out a video of a different length. If you do that, and readjust the rest of the images that follow to mate up with the end of the new shorter video, you still have to re-synch all the audio that follows to fix the void that was created. When you swap a video, it would be very helpful that the insertion take the duration of the inserted video, and just deal with the re-syncing of audio that you would have to do anyway.

Gary

1 hour ago, jt49 said:

Regards,
jt49

I think you did not understand.

I did not say "slide" neither "change the duration of a slide".

I am speaking about an object, this case a video, inside a slide.

I only want to see indicated the correct duration of the new video, instead of the duration of the replaced video. This does not change at all the slide duration.

Jose

11 minutes ago, orizaba said:

I think you did not understand.

I did not say "slide" neither "change the duration of a slide".

I am speaking about an object, this case a video, inside a slide.

I only want to see indicated the correct duration of the new video, instead of the duration of the replaced video. This does not change at all the slide duration.

Jose

Jose...Yes, that  would be a good step in the right direction. At least get the duration to be displayed correctly.

Gary

18 hours ago, orizaba said:

Igor,

PTE 9.0.4

In O&A, when we replace a video 20 seconds long (example), by another video 10 seconds long (example), I see in Properties, Video, Duration, that it still shows 20 seconds, which is the duration of the former video, not the duration of the new video. This is most inconvenient (and wrong!) and I think that you can easily correct it.

Jose

Jose,

We agree. It will be fixed in v9.0.5

P.S. Slide duration will NOT be affected.