WnSoft Forums

(Solved) Sound problem when publishing in mp4 (and AVI)

Ellen

I have a sound problem and don't know how to solve it. Only recently I purchased PTE version 9.0.8. I created a wonderful slideshow with it and put music (mp3-files) in it. When I publish it to exe all works fine (till the end of the slideshow). But when I publish it to mp4 (and AVI), the sound works fine in the beginning but after about 10 minutes or so the sound totally stops suddenly but de slideshow goes on (till the end). For your information: I have created a slideshow with 1142 slides and with a duration of about 77 minutes. I publish it with a quality of 1920x1080 pixel and on highest quality and standard quality. I already tried a lot of different ways to publish it but the problem keeps existing. Does anyone at this forum knows a solution?

Hi Ellen, you are going to have your slideshow viewers poking their eyes out.

77 min. (IMHO) is waaaay too long for a show you are showing to friends and neighbors.

For the music, Project Options > Audio > Add audio file add as many of the file to make 77 min.

At the start and end of each file, add fade in/fade out, at the last file lower the duration until the time at the top of audio area

shows your 77 min.

This is how I do it, and I'm sure someone else has a better way, but maybe this will help until someone shows up.

I hope this helps, and is not confusing, smithrg.

Hello smithrg. My friends love to see my slideshow even if it lasts 77min. Its a slideshow of one of my travels to China/Tibet. My friends love to watch the slidehows of my travels already for many years despite the long duration. In the past I made the slideshows with Pinnacle and burned them on DVD. This is the first time I use PTE. I find it an easy to use program. The only problem I have is with the sound when I publish it to mp4 (AVI). I add the audio files like you do. And it plays fine when I publish in exe. The problem I have is when I publish in mp4 (AVI).

My sound problem is solved Igor. The audio is fine now till the end of the slideshow. This makes me very happy because I like PTE very much. It's an easy to use program that offers you many possibilities. Thank you for the quick solution and service!

• 2 weeks later...