WnSoft Forums

PTE 9.0.8 Presentation Follow-up

fxdesigner

For anyone who is curious... (Please see the included link below - to view an excerpt of the effect using PTE).

This is a draft preview follow-up to a previous storyboard conceptual that was posted in the forum for a presentation that ultimately will be presented on a wide-screen (4K) projection system for a series of California (Alta California) live lectures using PTE (currently 9.0.8) as the core delivery engine.

In this instance, the purpose of this preview is to gain some perspective as to the proposed storyline as well as an initial DRAFT of an experimental effect involving a series of flags from the period presented. Chumash - Spain - New Spain - Mexico and the United States.

The flag sequences were created in After Effects using Video Copilot Element 3D composited on a "Green" screen.

The imagery (video) was then moved to Reallusion's PopVideo to create a TRANSPARENT (ChromaKey) backdrop for the purpose of isolating the flag sequences and overlay their contents on a main stage within PTE.

The final (ROUGH) sequence is available here:

http://www.mgg-web.com/pte_preview/flags

was further processed with the controls within PTE (objects and animation) for the result shown.

Again, these are a series of rough conceptuals. This piece is about 2 minutes and 15 seconds in duration.

The actual completed piece will use a slightly different flag perspective and animation sequence, but I thought I would share some of the preliminary design concepts with others here to provide some visual indication of the power and versatility of the PTE package. 

It can do so much more than just static imagery and transitions.

I highly urge anyone who has a similar interest or need to create visual presentations, to give serious consideration to the PTE product. It is the PREMIUM STANDARD for such applications and Igor and his team continue to raise the bar with each release.

The purpose of the completed lecture series that will incorporate all of the PTE created videos is to promote a book that is currently being published about the history of Santa Barbara (California) and the surrounding region.

These lectures will be presented in a number of venues including museums and campus auditoriums.

The illustrations (shown) were created (drawn) with a Wacom Cintiq 13HD Graphic Tablet (and pen) using Adobe Illustrator / Photoshop CS / CC software.

FX Designer

wnsoft_flags.jpg

I would also be interested in seeing the finished product. This preview looks wonderful. One suggestion - and of course, this is just my opinion - would be to make the flag smaller. I found that it obscured things I was trying to read while it was "blowing."

1 hour ago, potwnc said:

I would also be interested in seeing the finished product. This preview looks wonderful. One suggestion - and of course, this is just my opinion - would be to make the flag smaller. I found that it obscured things I was trying to read while it was "blowing."

Regarding the flag obscuring some of the text, would it not be possible to move the flag higher up the screen instead of changing its size?

Also the text at the top left at the very beginning I found the color a little weak, maybe a darker color to make it "stand out".

Regards

John

To all who have offered a comment...

I appreciate the comments and you taking the time to make your opinions known.

They are indeed welcomed. 

The intent of this small sample, was to highlight the obtainable PTE effect used for the flags (Chromakey / Alpha Channel / Transition) - this sample is NOT a completed piece, but rather an example of the capabilities of PTE used in a real-world scenario. It was meant to emphasize the transparency ability within PTE and object layering.

Regarding the suggestion to making the flags smaller - while it may not indicate it in this unpolished preview - the flags ARE the focal point for this piece. California history is fiercely protective of its culture and heritage. In this case, the Chumash Native Americans, Spain (and New Spain), Mexico and the eventual admission of California to the Union of the United States all had vital roles. The backgrounds shown serve their intended purpose - as visual cue points and nothing more - in the finished video(s) the timing will be such that most of these backgrounds will only be on-screen from 5 -15 seconds or so. 

The purpose of this small sample, (as will be depicted in the finished version(s)) is to provide a portal to the different influences that shaped California from the first settlements to current affairs. There will be a narrative (VOCAL) overlay with this (and all) segments in the finished presentation(s). 

As I mentioned in the initial introduction -  "these are a series of rough conceptuals"...  "... actual completed piece will use a slightly different flag perspective and animation sequence,"... I can't stress it enough >> these are 1st & 2nd attempt drafts - nothing more.

The completed (video) series is to be a supplement (and brief introduction) to a live lecture series whose objective is to introduce a "Coffee Table" book that contains very detailed and unobscured original illustrations from New World Maps, including the region of Alta California from the time of the pygmy mammoths and the first settlements of Native Americans, various historical events, civic leaders and individuals that defined the growth and shaping of the pueblo, its architecture and transportation evolution, as published in a tangible book and a separate companion wayfarer's laminated guide, highlighting points of interests and locales mentioned in the illustrated book and where to find them.

All with the intent of offering its readers an expanded perspective in terms of a written narrative and highly detailed illustrations.
The PREVIEW linked here is NOT complete nor will it actually be (for purposes of the live lectures) interactive. It will serve as brief introductions to the various subjects that will be discussed in that night's lecture series. 

The entire project has been a 3 and half YEAR** undertaking.  (**which includes the time to research, physically draw each illustration page with  2-3 illustrations on those pages and write the facing page's narrative, explaining the illustrations represented). There are a great number of facets that defined the entire concept, including items that can be "punched out, assembled" (as in 3D) and used to "store" for example the Mission coins (9, 10, 11 and 19) shown in this brief example - there are a total of 21 Mission coins included in the book. These coins are two-sided and indicate the year each of the 21 Missions was established, along with the founding padre, the specific mission's cattle brand and original name as christened by the friars and the Spanish Crown.

As described above, these are works in progress - once we have some completed PTE content regarding this project, I will share some of those here (with an external link).

Again, I appreciate the feedback and the value they represent. Thank you.

regards,
FX Designer