WnSoft Forums

Error [SOLVED]

Barry Beckham

Recently on Playing a slideshow downloaded from SSC, (colourful Caves) when I come to delete the folder containing the Exe for the internet, it will not delete in W7 telling me its still open in another program, when PTE is not open.

I opened and closed Pte to see if that helped and got the attached. If I delete whats inside the folders, then it will delete. Is this a PTE problem, W7 or other ?

Untitled-1.jpg

Barry,

I downloaded this AV show and couldn't reproduce this problem.

How much time passed between end of the AV show and the moment when you tried to delete the files?

When you close PTE or EXE file, the program code performs de-initialization of 3D engine and release used memory. Usually it takes 1-3 seconds. Sometimes in some cases it may take longer time.

Can you check again with this AV show and with other AV shows? Also Task Manager may show if an EXE file still works in the memory.

It was some time after watching it, I will keep you posted and the error message may have been caused by the quick opening and closing of Pte, because it loads the last project of course. It could be nothing to do with being able to delete a folder

I have tried with the same slide show, but it deleted as normal, but I did create the error message, if I open PTE containing a project and then close it down quickly. 

Some times I may launch PTE from my bottom bar in error and close it as soon as it opens and it can then throw up an error, but perhaps it's  me closing the program before it's really fullly open

Tried again, but the slideshow folder now deletes OK, but this isn't the first time its happened or I wouldn't report it. if you open PTE in error, as I often do from my bottom bar and close it as soon as it appears, the attached error pops up.

I accept that this error is probably more with me than with PTE, because if I wait a few seconds the error does not appear.

snap397.jpg

Barry,

On 17.06.2017 at 8:11 AM, Barry Beckham said:

Tried again, but the slideshow folder now deletes OK, but this isn't the first time its happened or I wouldn't report it. if you open PTE in error, as I often do from my bottom bar and close it as soon as it appears, the attached error pops up.

I accept that this error is probably more with me than with PTE, because if I wait a few seconds the error does not appear.

Thanks! I easily reproduced this problem. We'll try to fix it soon.

On 15.06.2017 at 11:46 AM, Barry Beckham said:

Recently on Playing a slideshow downloaded from SSC, (colourful Caves) when I come to delete the folder containing the Exe for the internet, it will not delete in W7 telling me its still open in another program, when PTE is not open.

I opened and closed Pte to see if that helped and got the attached. If I delete whats inside the folders, then it will delete. Is this a PTE problem, W7 or other ?

Barry,

Please try a new version- 9.0.11 Beta:

http://files.wnsoft.com/test/picturestoexe-setup.exe

It should solve this problem.

• Igor changed the title to Error [SOLVED]