WnSoft Forums

PicturesToExe v4.30 beta #6

d67

+ You can go to a next or to a previous slide keeping Pause mode

in the synchronized slide-shows.

That is a very welcome improvement. :D:D

Going back or forward in Pause mode is much more easier as in the older version where changing views was always very annoying and disturbing.

A step forward would be that changing views back or forward is done instantly (without transition effect) so that positionning at a given slide would be faster and even more easier.

+ "Option" of the maib menu is renamed to "View".

I suppose that this wasn't changed in the french version.

> Transition point to the last slide is shown in more gray color.

Why was that important ?

+ Improvements in the "Customize synchronization" window:

> The window can be resized;

Lovely :D

Thank you very much Igor for all this improvements and for this high rate of changes !!!

PTE is even more a true jewel :rolleyes:

Patrick

(Sorry for my approximativ english)

A step forward would be that changing views back or forward is done instantly (without transition effect) so that positionning at a given slide would be faster and even more easier.

Igor, I agree with Patrick - this could be especially tedious in a show with very long (e.g. 10-second) transition times - it would take forever to step forward or backward to the desired slide! Imagine having to step through Bob's innovative show, "Linger"! :D IMHO, it would be better to treat all transitions as quick "cuts" temporarily when under "pause" mode, unless there is some particular reason why this would degrade the normal operation of the program.

However, I too join Patrick in congratulating you for making this improvement to PTE per our request - it's so nice to have such a responsive person in command of the design of this wonderful program! :)

And, Patrick, your English is fine! :)

Hi all!

I too agree with Patrick (and Al, of course). The new "Pause" mode is wonderful! I hope many forum members and PTE users will take advantage of this new feature, by selecting "Permit the control of show"... (in Project Option main tab)

And you are really right, Al, speaking about Igor as "such a responsive person"! I think the case of PTE is actually quite unique in software world!

Igor, I was just showing a client today how to move back and forth through a show using the pause,back and forth key and having to apologize that the music goes back and forth too and that you have to keep pressing the pause key. Nice not having to do that anymore. Its getting to be the 'perfect' program. Some of my clients ask about going directly to a slide without going to all the previous slides. Will this ever be possible? I understand thats its a slide show program but it's developed into so much more as a presentation/sales viewing program to many portrait photographers. Thanks again for all the great improvements.

Hi Marko!

I think I can reply myself to your question-request. Actually, to go "directly to a slide without going to all the previous slides" could be possible, but it's a complex work, and I think it would be not so interesting for most PTE users.

You can get the same result by making a "menu presentation", running under the main one, with one or two pages of thumbnails of your pictures as objects and linked to them. It's an additional work for you, I know, but seems to me the best solution to obtain the result you want.

Some of my clients ask about going directly to a slide without going to all the previous slides. Will this ever be possible?

The next logical step would be to make the new light table view available during a presentation by hitting a function key. The user could then choose the slide they want to display and continue the presentation from there. With that said, I don't know how difficult it would be to integrate the light table into the "compiled" EXEs. However, I would love to see this kind of capability since I would definitely use it in my workflow.

-Scott

I would love to see this feature as well.

Often when viewing a show I would like to go back to a particular slide to view something I missed on the first pass (often in a slide show the images are going by too fast, anyway). As it is now, one has to start at the beginning of the show, and then look closely to see the particular detail one missed before. In my case, I am often asleep by that time, and miss it again on the second pass. :) So, it's start over and hope to be alert the next time, and so on.

Even if there were a list of titles or file names or even just slide numbers to click on this would be a great help and I don't think it would be that difficult for Igor to build it into the program.

Guest Techman1

The ability to switch a presentation into the light table view would be an excellent addition to this program. As stated, I too not only use PTE for slideshows, but also for sales. Typically I setup a slideshow view of a clients photographs and then at the end of that I let the slideshow run a manual slideshow that shows the file name, no music and allows them to view forward or backwards on images. Adding the light table to this second part would really be a valuable addition.

I hope Igor can add this to the program easily as I believe it would be an excellent addition.

Fred