WnSoft Forums

File corruption [SOLVED]

nelson

I have a new issue that has recently appeared. I build my shows on my desktop computer and transfer to my laptop for shows on a projector.

No issues until today!

I have a project that shows the overall correct time when transferred to PTE on the laptop or another computer. The exe plays fine with no errors.

The issue is the time of 4 individual slides. 

Where the time should be 9 seconds it shows 7 but plays 9 and another time shows 6 and should be 8 plays 8.

The same idea for the other 2. So to recap- the times are wrong individually but  the overall time for the show is correct. 

I have deleted the old shows and reinstalled PTE. Changed the problem file names.

It seems to be picking up something from an older shows timing on these 4 slides.

I have isolated these 4 files and transferred to the laptop under a new show.

Same issue, all the times for these four individual slides are incorrect, but the overall time is correct.

I have transferred using reformatted usb sticks and used different ones.

If I bring it into PTE from the file saved on the usb, it is fine on the computer it was made from. Incorrect on all others.

Any ideas in how to find the corruption.

Very frustrating,

Kieron

Hi Kieron,

Just a clarification. Where are you reading the time for the slides which are incorrect. From the slide list in terms of AB, from the "Slide Options" "Main Tab" "Slide Duration," or from Objects and Animation time "Full Duration" - just wondering it the transition times were being considered?

Best regards,

Lin 

The slides in question have a transition into them of 2 seconds. This is the difference in the timings. If I add 2 seconds that would be the The check box for keep slide duration is the same for all slides, set to off. If I add it up it is correct.

Thanks Lin,

The computer I made the show in, if I go to objects and animation it says full slide duration of 8 seconds. The transitions are 2   and the slide (AB) says 8

The transferred computer- full slide duration says 8 seconds. The transition are 2 and the slide  says 6

I guess it is no big deal as everything works alright just confusing, I know it is something I am missing or do not understand.

Kieron

It seems to be as simple as one computer shows full duration and the other duration in the slide time. Curious why only 4 slides were different. Maybe a copy and paste at one time. I have been working on this project for 5 months and it is 40 minutes long. My journeys through the Forbidden Frontiers of Niger, Pakistan, Jammu and Kashmir.

Would not have been possible to show my audience without this wonderful program.

Kieron

• Igor changed the title to File corruption [SOLVED]

Issue solved!

Corrupted files on my computer.  Not on the transfer to other computers.

I removed all remnants of PTE and reloaded everything. The four files now have correct times.

Shout out to Igor! As most of you know he is very responsive to any concerns.

Many thanks,

Kieron