WnSoft Forums

Basic Text

Tejano Bob

I'm working on my own simple video using a trial version of Studio 10 as I watch Barry Beckham's "Basic Video" tutorial. I'm trying each step he discusses on my own video, and everything is working fine until he gets to using keyframes to delay the appearance of the text on the background scene. I cannot get keyframes  to appear even though I have selected "Text," and even right clicked on "Add Keyframes" in "Tools." If I click on the picture, rather than text, keyframes readily appear. Originally the text frames were appearing sporadically, but would disappear when I attempter to adjust them. Eventually they would not appear at all.

In Objects & Animation screen, each 'Object' has its own timeline & keyframes.

To animate something you need a start & end point.

Click on your Text Object and you will see a blue keframe at the start of the Timeline.

When adding your Text object make sure it is not a child of the background (appears below the background in the Object list)
If it is then you need to either delete it & add again making sure the background is NOT selected when you add
Or right click the Text & Cut, then making sure the background is not selected, right click & paste

Left click on this keyframe & drag it to where you want your animation to start.

Right click on the keyframe & select Clone, a new keyframe will appear.
Drag this keyframe to where you want your animation to end
Adjust the Text - size, colour, position etc that you want for the animation.

Press play (space bar) and watch your animation.

Once you get the hang of it, it really is easy

Jill

7 hours ago, Tejano Bob said:

If I click on the picture, rather than text, keyframes readily appear.

I can’t be certain, but it sounds like your not correctly identifying what you are adding keyframes to from the box in the bottom right corner of the Objects and Animation screen. If you have one image and one text layer, you have to select the right one to add and see keyframes.

Try this. Hold the Ctrl key down and click on your image and your text in the bottom right corner. Now you should see the keyframes you have set for both the image and the text layer

On 4/9/2020 at 2:17 PM, jkb said:

In Objects & Animation screen, each 'Object' has its own timeline & keyframes.

To animate something you need a start & end point.

Click on your Text Object and you will see a blue keframe at the start of the Timeline.

When adding your Text object make sure it is not a child of the background (appears below the background in the Object list)
If it is then you need to either delete it & add again making sure the background is NOT selected when you add
Or right click the Text & Cut, then making sure the background is not selected, right click & paste

Left click on this keyframe & drag it to where you want your animation to start.

Right click on the keyframe & select Clone, a new keyframe will appear.
Drag this keyframe to where you want your animation to end
Adjust the Text - size, colour, position etc that you want for the animation.

Press play (space bar) and watch your animation.

Once you get the hang of it, it really is easy

Jill