WnSoft Forums

Display of Square Images suggestions

Xenofex2

Thinking I would use the lockdown to scan a box of my old slides that have not been seen for years, as they feature the first couple of years of our children (who now have children of their own), my thoughts then turned to how these scanned images could be presented.

Initial thoughts were something like The Dom’s ‘Chestbox Slidestyle’ or ‘Photobox Slidestyle’ but my images will not fit either criteria as they will be a more square, aspect ratio.

Any suggestions please for displaying a squarish aspect ratio?

George

Initially I was hoping that there was already a Style/Template out there that I could adapt.

Thankyou Dave for the suggestion. However having slept on my Question, I think I am now going to revisit a couple of Barry Beckham's tutorials - 'Masks' & 'Create a Slide Style' come immediately to mind - and so create my own.

George

Jill,

As these will have been transferred over from 'years old' slides, I was not thinking of displaying in the whole screen. Probably because I had been looking in the last couple of days and so influenced I guess by The Dom's Chestbox & Photobox Styles, I was thinking of my scanned images coming out of a box somehow.

Perhaps I might take photos of my Slide Box and use that in the O&A screen. Or might be easier (for me), for the scanned Images to emerge from a closed old Photo Album - slide transform to photo.

When I re-discovered the Box of Slides and realised what these lost images were, I felt I just had to put something together. At first I was completely stuck but now, with yours and Dave's suggestions, they have helped open up possibilities. Thankyou.

George

I am a relative novice when it comes to creating a Style and would appreciate any comments on my further thought process, involving the displaying of slides/images from my box of old slides.

My idea is that a ‘Slide’ would either emerge from my ‘Slide Album’ or ‘Slide Box’, and then halfway up the screen transform into a photographic image which stays in position for a few seconds and then a few seconds later, floats off screen.

I am thinking that I need  …. a) to create a Style that requires two images.

1 – The first is where my ‘Slide’ appears from the Album/Slide Box, stops mid screen. (Here I note the exact parameters/position where my ‘Slide’ has stopped.)

2 – Then the second image covers the ‘Slide’ as it transforms and then zooms out into an ‘Image’ and finally floats off screen. Here I would need to place my ‘Image’ in exactly the same parameters/position as in the previous point.

Would that work, am I right in my assumptions or am I missing anything? Any suggestions/comments would be appreciated.

George

could get boring very quickly if all the images do exactly the same thing.

A bit of variation always helps.

But in principle what you suggest should work (I think -  I never use slide styles as I never want to repeat the same thing twice!)

Jill

Jill,

But at least, in principle, you agree what I suggest will work.

If I start then off in that direction and so gaining confidence, I can adjust movement etc as I progress to avoid too much repition.

At least I am looking in the right direction.

Thankyou,

George

Hi George, 
May be you could use my free style "reflection" :
https://gumroad.com/thedom#RVMlv

I almost finished a "3D cube revisited" style. It should work well for you squares images too.
I want to add to some kinf of flares effects before releasing the style.
It should be available today or tomorrow I think.
But it will not be free, sorry.