WnSoft Forums

Big problem with modifiers ?

thedom

This modifiers feature is really great and I can imagine a lot of use for them !

but in my opinion, there is a serious issue right now. If you decide to change the time duration of a slide, the number of repetition for existing modifiers stays unchanged. And it will totally ruin the wanted effect.

in my opinion, you should have the same possibility than keypoints when you change time slide.

there should be an option « recalculate repetitions for modifiers on time change » and when it is ticked, the number of repetitions should be automatically recalculated (as it is for key frames with the option « scale key frames in objects on time change » ) . 

and repetitions will keep unchanged if the option is not ticked).

Much more flexibility and more logical the way I see things.

What do you think ?

1 hour ago, thedom said:

there should be an option « recalculate repetitions for modifiers on time change » and when it is ticked, the number of repetitions should be automatically recalculated (as it is for key frames with the option « scale key frames in objects on time change » ) . 

and repetitions will keep unchanged if the option is not ticked).

It would be great! But I have not seen software where such a function has already been implemented. This is probably too complicated. It remains to hope for the talent of our developers.

I hope you're right Alaina.
I don't know how complicated it is to code but the recalculation of repetitions is a simple rule of three. If time slide is doubled, repetitions is doubled too by example.
As you say, let's hope, unless Igor or somebody in Wnsoft can already tell us what we can except (or not).

1 hour ago, thedom said:

If you decide to change the time duration of a slide, the number of repetition for existing modifiers stays unchanged.

I have already encountered situations when, even without changing the sliding time, the concept of “repetitions” in modifiers has its drawbacks. For example, we have an object with three key frames. The time of the first KF is 0 seconds, the second is 1.5 seconds, and the third is 5.5 seconds (1.5 seconds before the end of the slide). The object should swing evenly throughout the slide with an amplitude equal to one (rotation C). In the second KF, I need to set the animation speed with a certain acceleration for rotation along Y. This means that in the second (as in the third) KF I will have to duplicate the swing rotation modifier along C. How then should I maintain uniform sway along the C axis for everything slide time? In my opinion, the concept of repetition itself, as in the case described above, is not very flexible. Similar problems are solved, for example, in Proshow Producer as follows. Instead of “repetitions” - the frequency of the amplitude (a constant value that does not depend on the time distances between KF). Plus, the ability to select for each individual modifier the range of action for a specific parameter (for all KF or for a specific KF).

35 minutes ago, stranger2156 said:

Similar problems are solved, for example, in Proshow Producer as follows. Instead of “repetitions” - the frequency of the amplitude (a constant value that does not depend on the time distances between KF). Plus, the ability to select for each individual modifier the range of action for a specific parameter (for all KF or for a specific KF).

Very interesting, thanks Paul.
I am wondering what Wnsoft team thinks of this. Igor ?