WnSoft Forums

CAPTIONS

I admit I've been spoiled by having used ProShow for a number of years but having moved to PTE because of the closure of Photodex and the likelihood that ProShow will eventually stop working, I do find myself frustrated by PTE's limitations although I appreciate its great strengths like the handling of sound.

I commented earlier about the inability in PTE to copy easily layers settings and selected settings to multiple slides with a few clicks but here I'm concentrating on captions. I've reluctantly concluded that if I want an AV with multiple captions, it's infinitely easier with ProShow. For example, in one the attached you can see how easy it is to copy settings; in the other you can see how easy it is set fade-in and fade-out behaviour - procedures which are limited or non-existent in PTE.

I suspect that as more ProShow users come to PTE (not helped by the limitations of Photopia Creator and Director) that there will be increasing numbers of posters expressing their frustrations.

CAPTION 01.jpg

CAPTION 02.jpg

On 2/13/2021 at 8:54 PM, Philip Smithies said:

I admit I've been spoiled by having used ProShow for a number of years but having moved to PTE because of the closure of Photodex and the likelihood that ProShow will eventually stop working, I do find myself frustrated by PTE's limitations although I appreciate its great strengths like the handling of sound.

I commented earlier about the inability in PTE to copy easily layers settings and selected settings to multiple slides with a few clicks but here I'm concentrating on captions. I've reluctantly concluded that if I want an AV with multiple captions, it's infinitely easier with ProShow. For example, in one the attached you can see how easy it is to copy settings; in the other you can see how easy it is set fade-in and fade-out behaviour - procedures which are limited or non-existent in PTE.

Are you saying that you have not yet found out how to set Fade-in and Fade-out?

DG

davegee

No, that is not what I'm saying. One of the points I'm making is that setting fade-in/fade-out behaviour in PTE is far more difficult than in ProShow.

1795348439_COPYCAPTIONSETTINGS.thumb.jpg.203630aae35322aceb1cef4266c1a7e3.jpg

Almark

I have attached (and dragged in) a screen shot to show how easy it is to copy caption attributes (and slide and layer attributes for that matter) in ProShow in ways which simply cannot be achieved (or cannot be achieved easily) in PTE. I've said elsewhere that PTE is better than ProShow in many ways BUT ProShow is far more flexible and easier to use.