WnSoft Forums

Automatic copying of files from one project to another.

Today I copied 5 slides from one project to another. Copied 28 files: photo, video, background, footage. When I closed the first project, it turned out that I forgot 2 files. I would like the files to be automatically copied from one project to another when copying slides.

You are asking for a feature on something ("the project") that has not yet been defined. PTE only knows project files (*.pte). These files represent the projects, and so far nothing else. The corresponding media may be located in a common folder, or they may be distributed across the computer's file system. At present time, it is up to the user how to proceed and organize his work.

34 minutes ago, jt49 said:

You are asking for a feature on something ("the project") that has not yet been defined. PTE only knows project files (*.pte). These files represent the projects, and so far nothing else. The corresponding media may be located in a common folder, or they may be distributed across the computer's file system. At present time, it is up to the user how to proceed and organize his work.

Therefore, I want all the files related to these slides to be copied to the folder of the current project when copying slides. And you can delete unnecessary files later manually.

56 minutes ago, jkb said:

Copy the Slides to the new Project, then save that as a Template.
All files associated with that Project will be placed in the Template Folder.

PTE has always been able to do this.

Jill

It's not very good. The templates folder itself will be huge. And the style itself will contain a large number of unnecessary files, and the size of the template will be so huge that the program will not be able to load it into memory.

The Template Folder is only as large as all the files in your project.
If what you are asking is for all files in a Project to be copied automatically then this is what a Template does.

I use them all the time to save my Projects.
The advantage is that you can open any Template from within PTE very quickly.

Jill