WnSoft Forums

Changing Transition points

boxig

I am curious to know if anyone ever needed to do one of these:

1. Change one or few or all transition points.

2. Increase or decrease time between points.

3. Move all points forward or backward without changing time between points.

I'm asking because if these actions are needed I can make a small utility which can make it in seconds. Just let me know.

Thank you

Granot

Wonderful Granot

Hopefully this is something Igor is working on for 4.40, IMHO the movement and re-alignment of transition points is the only thing holding P2E back.

If a slide is taken out of an existing show it's not easy to bridge the gap - however if the trans. points after the removed slide could be locked so that the remaining slides don't 'slip' backwards (and vice versa), then this would go some way to easily keeping the show in synch.

Any improvement to the handling of transition points is a bonus to be welcomed - thanks Granot!

Denwell (NE UK)

denwell

however if the trans. points after the removed slide could be locked so that the remaining slides don't 'slip' backwards (and vice versa), then this would go some way to easily keeping the show in synch.

Do you mean that all transition points will stay as they where before removing a slide ? This probably means the "unused" time will be added to previous or next slide ? Can you explain more the idea ? My original thouth was to lock all points and change only one (or few) without removing any slide.

Granot

Granot

At the moment, if I remove a slide(or slides) from a show the slides following this point 'move back' to occupy the previous transition point(s). Unless I replace this slide with another (in which case all is reset OK) I must re-adjust all the timings following the point from which the slide was removed (is this clear??).

If the slides following the removal point were to be locked, then, yes, I can understand that the unused display time would be added to the previous slide - but I would then have the ability to adjust the transition points on the Timeline around this point to camouflage the gap.

I don't quite understand your original thoughts- as transition points can be moved easily on the Timeline now with no problem.

Off topic - I have just been looking at your 'ScrollImage' utility and wonder if the Windows taskbar at the bottom of the screen can be removed during the scrolling. With this gone the utility would be a great way to add scrolling text anywhere in a show!!

thanks for your continuing dedication to all P2E users.

Den (NE UK)

Den

I sent you PM. As for the TaskBar - I could not find a solution for this unless PTE hide/show TaskBar. I must show it at the end or user will be without TaskBar after view the show. Maybe Igor will add a "Show TaskBar" feature when show exit (I think now the show in full mode just covers the TaskBar).

Granot

I frequently use Photoshop layers to build up my sequences, add slides to the time line with transition points and test effects. Then when viewed decide to make some extra dissolve slides to improve/ create the effect I want to achieve. This then becomes a pain, :angry: as I drop new slides into the timeline and have to remember to create the same number of new transition points (and all the other points move along etc ). :blink:

It is worse if I decide to remove some slides and change with new ones (not always the same number of slides)

Your new utility sounds wonderful Granot ! :D

1. Change one or few or all transition points.

2. Increase or decrease time between points.

3. Move all points forward or backward without changing time between points.

I have done all of the above at various times !

Many Thanks :D

Maureen

Den

If you use version 2.0 the taskbar is hidden when ScrollImage is active and but it appears again when scroll finish. As far as I remember it did not appeared again when I made it. I suspect some changes in PTE new versions are the reason but I don't know for sure. If someone used this utility and remebers...please let me know.

Maureen

OK, I will try to make this utility tomorrow. I never usued transiton points so my knowledge is zero, but I hope I will be lucky. I will post here the url to download and check the first version.

Granot

Guest Techman1

Granot,

Are you back from vacation now? Are you better? I hope so!

I too would be interested in this, but if Igor is going to incorporate it into the upcoming version of PTE would it be worth your time? I imagine that there are other areas that your expertise could be used (I don't have any ideas where currently, but I'm sure someone on the forum will pop up with some great ideas).

Anyway, if you create it I'll help test but we might want to see what Igor is developing first.

Take care,

Fred

Am also happy to wait for Igor or test your version Granot :D

Many thanks for all you do !

Very much appreceiated !

BW Maureen

...but if Igor is going to incorporate it into the upcoming version of PTE would it be worth your time?...   ...we might want to see what Igor is developing first.

Great Idea !!! ;)

Now I can relax and hope Igor will do my work. Anyway, if I will decide to continue working on it, I will post here.

Fred, I'm back, working on my speaking English-Thai dictionary.

Thank you all

Granot

Den,

Are you able to release a version of ScrollImage which hides the taskbar at all times for use with P2E shows when the exe is run from within a show?"

"HideTaskBar utility for PicturesToExe" made by marcovelo.

From the Readme file:

HideTaskBar is a program allowing to hide the system taskbar during the whole execution of a PTE show.

The taskbar is automatically restored as soon as the show ends or is canceled (use of ESC key).  

This utility only works when called from a PTE show.

Granot

At the moment, if I remove a slide(or slides) from a show the slides following this point 'move back' to occupy the previous transition point(s). Unless I replace this slide with another (in which case all is reset OK) I must re-adjust all the timings following the point from which the slide was removed (is this clear??).

I might be misunderstanding what you are trying to do, but why not simply remove the transition point, too?

Harold

Of course you're right Harold !

Adding and taking out slides and the subsequent re-adjustment of the remaining slides is, at first glance, complicated and hopefully Igor will make this easier in 4.4 if he can allow 'lockable' points and ctrl-click selection and movement of points along the timeline.

If a slide is removed and the corresponding transition point deleted from the timeline - the ability to re-adjust the remainder quickly and accurately is desirable.

Thanks for your observations.

Den (NE UK)

terry,

Welcome to the forum. :)

If you select "Customize slide" / "Effect" you can change the settings for the effect chosen between that slide and the previous one. Is this what you were referring to?

Den,

As Granot wrote, you can download "HideTaskBar" utility fron his web site.

"HideTaskBar utility for PicturesToExe" made by marcovelo."

It is only a 32 ko program, launch from PTE "Customize slide", and it seems to feet your needs.

It works with "ScrollImage", but also with all external utility launch from PTE (and especially all very good Granot's production !!! ^_^ )

Feel free to use it.

Marco

Just jumping back to original question..

I would love you forever if we could easily shift / copy / paste blocks of slides on the timeline right there in P2E.

I do AV with repeating song verses and when the hard work of getting the timing spot on first time (1st chorus) has to be repeated 2 or 3 times more in the old pain staking way it's frustrating.

Go for it - I would be VERY interested.

J :ph34r: G