WnSoft Forums

ProShow Producer transition to PTE AV Studio

gpc

I am transitioning from using ProShow Producer to PTE AV Studio.  In Pro Show there were huge numbers of transitions and many different styles.  It seems the PTE AV Studio is a bit more limited in this regard.  In particular, I used to create presentations which had styles where I could use multiple slides at one time either side by side or even in a carousel if the subject was similar.  I am looking for that capability in PTE AV Studio.  Is PTE AV Studio limited to styles where there is only one picture displayed at one time or can there be multiple pictures displayed at once?  If there is that capability, how do I find it?  Thanks. 

Hi GPC You find what is standard uder the Styles & Themes tab, yours could be in a different place than the screen shot, you can move it to where it's best for you. In addition to the basics shown, you can create your own or use one of the many donated by members.

Rosy.

S and T.jpg

I was in a similar situation last year when I bit the bullet and was finally abandoning MemoriesOnTv since the original developers stopped developing this a number of years ago.  After searching around for what would be a suitable replacement I ended up picking PTE.  It took a while for me to get as comfortable with PTE as I was with MOTV and you can search for my numerous posts about this on this forum in several places.  MOTV was extremely user friendly and intuitive with a bunch of built-in easy to select transitions and effects for images (or groups of images on a single slide) and I suspect ProShow had a similar approach.  I believe the audience for each of these products was somewhat different.  MOTV was definitely geared towards folks that merely wanted to take their photos and videos and put together a decent presentation for friends and family.  You could essentially do this within about an hour of first installing the program given its intuitiveness. Again I suspect ProShow was the same thing.

On the other hand I had not realized there was such a huge audience of very serious end-users out there these days that are more semi-professional/competitive/serious hobbyist types that took putting together a slide show much more seriously.  IMHO PTE seems geared much more to those users with an emphasis on getting under the hood and creating your own effects, even though there are some built-in effects that can be used.  And for those that don't want to get their hands dirty there are effects that have been created by others that are available for download from various places.  Just as an editorial comment I think getting too deep into the weeds with fancy transitions and styles sort of gets in the way of the photos and videos that you are showing--kind of like the gearheads that get so technically involved in PhotoShop to produce the "perfect" image.  

But if you play around with PTE and search out the various tutorials, you will probably end up enjoying the program.

• 3 months later...

Thanks everyone for your response to this.  I was able to download a few from several sources.  I use to create some styles in Pro Show Producer but don't have time to learn PTE to that level of detail as I have a wedding for my son coming up in a few weeks for which I am creating a slide show.