WnSoft Forums

Fit Mode (Fit Cover options)

aplman

Is the choice of Fit Modes (Fit or Cover) available only under Project Options/Defaults?  How might I make that decision on a slide by slide basis?

These days, I normally make the choice when bringing a batch of images into the Slide List.  Hovever, I now need to rework some older projects, in which I have  messed up my choices and animations.  I feel I need to start by setting many or most of my main pictures to a FitMode of Fit.

Project Options - Defaults allows me to "Apply to All Slides", but not to "Apply to Selected Slides".

How might I achieve this reasonably painlessly?

Thanks to you all ...  Ken T.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/24/2022 at 11:48 AM, jkb said:

O&A Properties tab you can do it slide by slide.

Or simply zoom the slide to fit as you need it

Jill

Thank you Jill for the suggestion.  However, having to do anything one slide at time, in this tech age, always leaves me wondering why the developer did not provide for batch or multiple cases.

Ken T.

On 3/24/2022 at 8:07 PM, davegee said:

Igor has provided FIT and COVER Styles in the IMAGE Category.

Make a selection of those slides that you want to be in Cover Mode and apply the COVER Style.

N.B. This needs to be done FIRST - before any other animations.

DG

Thank you DG.  I did not know of those styles.  I have always been of the view that the implementation of STYLES  is abominable, so have never used them except when starting a new project.  

Ken T.

Even using the fit/cover style will alter any settings you already have. As you are amending an old project which already has animation etc I didn't suggest it.

If you are reworking an old project then you will be looking at every slide anyway?

Hopefully in PTE 11 we will be able to simple styles like these without changing any previous settings.

Jill

Thank you Jill, your comment gives me encouragement.  I have seen refereces to PTE 11 in th forum occasionally.  Has this matter been covered by Igor anywhere?

Ken T.

Igor & his team are working on PTE11 & already have some new features in place.

He said a while ago that there would be a new type of simple slide style that would preserve any existing setting that are already in place.

Hopefully we can begin testing sometime in the next few months

Jill

Ken,

Try the following solution. Open the Objects and animation editor for one slide. Press Alt+S shortcut to switch between Fit and Cover modes of an image. Then you can go to a next/previous slide by pressing F11/F12 key. Usually main image object is selected by default and you can quick switch between slides and change Fit/Cover mode. I used this approach many years for my personal projects or for testing. It works really fast and simple.

Also consider a suggestion of Jill about use of a slide style - Image - Cover/Fit Screen. Future version 11.0 will allow to apply a slide style for multiple selected slides keeping their order (as an option). Note, that applying a slide style keeps only original image replacing all objects on a slide.