WnSoft Forums

Can't get demo show to play

Tim Z

;) Not sure it helps much, but you may like to know that your show works fine for me too. Lovely images and music. I hope you get this glitch sorted out soon, I'm only sorry that I can't help.

Tim,

I apologize for this problem and we'll try to solve it.

Yes, it seems that problem because of this professional sound card. Maybe it's our reason or maybe not enough compatible drivers for music playback.

1) What version of Windows you have installed?

2) Please say me again concerning ProShow. Will their .EXE slide-show with MUSIC work and play on your PC?

3) I just sent you a letter with two test applications. Please let me know about result.

Hi there!

You clearly have an interest in macro photography and your pictures are excellent.

Your show works fine on my computer (Windows XP and Audigy 2 ZS sound card). Certainly looks as if this little gremlin you have, is lurking somewhere in your computer.

BTW, is the music on your show composed by you? I love it - how about some copywrite free stuff then???

Ron West

Worked OK with me too Tim. Same set up as the other Ron - Windows XP, Creative Soundblaster Audigy2ZS. Are you sure that you have got the settings right, because I notice that you are using the full range of effects and that images start to recur after the music has stopped. The following is my basic template:

Main>Main Settings>Create Slide Show (selected). Nothing else selected at this stage but later I use my own icons.

Main>Show settings>Close show after last slide (selected). >Display each slide for (selected) and 4s and 0ms (entered)

Advanced>Advanced Options>Mouse Button this is set at Left-Exit and Right-Next slide but I don’t use this function. Hide mouse cursor during show is selected. No other selections under Advanced.

Music. No selection at this stage.

Comments. No selection. I usually add any lettering in Photoshop.

Screen>Screen options>Fit to screen (selected); 100% 0f screen to show slide images (selected) and Fullscreen mode (selected). No other selections.

Screen>Background>Solid color and black selected.

Effects>Transition effects>Enable transition effects (selected). When setting up the template, if all the effects are selected these can be cleared by clicking the right hand button, showing two sheets of paper towards top left. Now select Fade in/out.

>Thickness of smoothing line 60 and Effect duration 4000ms

Messages not used.

Finally File>Templates>Create template from this Show

I hope this may help but don't give up Tim it is an excellent programme from an excellent source and with an excellent forum.

Ron [uK]

Tim,

Thanks for testing!

(I just sent you more detailed letter.)

Yes, as I know, RME Digi9652 is a very professional card for sound

processing. But probably mainly it is not intended for usual music

playback, if you say that ProShow also often doesn't play music.

ProShow uses DirectSound API for music playback, PicturesToExe uses

much more reliable WaveOut API. So some mistakes in RME drivers don't allow correct playback of music.

By the way, how other programs play music? WinAmp or Microsoft

Media Player.

Maybe new version of sound drivers for RME Digi9652 will help? I believe there should be solution of this problem!

Hi there!

You clearly have an interest in macro photography and your pictures are excellent.  

Your show works fine on my computer (Windows XP and Audigy 2 ZS sound card). Certainly looks as if this little gremlin you have, is lurking somewhere in your computer.

BTW, is the music on your show composed by you?  I love it - how about some copywrite free stuff then???

Ron West

Hi Ron

Actually my main photo interests were telephoto, with the focus being on Bird photography. However, I sold almost all of my really good nikon lenses and bodies quite a few years back, and am just recently wanting to get back into it. The reason I am doing mostly macro right now is because all I have for a camera these days is a little Nikon CoolPix, which does a decent job at macro work. This will change soon though, as I plan to get a Nikon D70S with the 18-70 lens. I will also get the Nikon 105mm f2.8 macro lens and the 300 f4 AF-S. I can't afford the 300 f2.8. :( I'll probably also get the telephoto 1.4x and 2x converters.

So 95% of what I do is close up photography, in either telephoto or macro. :)

When I get PTE working, I'll put together some bird and wildlife shows and post them.

The music I used was a woman classical guitarist I recorded a few years back. It was a quick live recording job, so the quality is not up to my usual standards. She was playing on the streets here as street musician outside of the office I worked at. After hearing her play for many days, and knowing that she didn't have much money, I offered to do a quick recording for her for free. I figured I could use some practise at recording nylon string aciustic guitar and she could use the tracks to sell cd's. Needless to say she was ecstatic about it. :) Sorry, but I don't know the composer of the music, but it was not her or I.

Cheers

t

I suppose, the maximal attention in such professional cards is intended

for main professional purpose. Opposite usual inexpensive/game sound cards more carefully tested with wide range of softwares/games.

I'll try to find to buy RME Digi9652 sound card to test how PTE works there!

It a little bit difficult and may takes a month or so.

Igor is a GENIUS!! He sent me a new PTE v4.41 test file, and so far it appears that he has fixed the problem. He hasn't told me what the fix was yet, but we suspected it was my soundcard not being able to handle the Wave Out API standard. So it looks like he will have an update to fix this problem. What AWESOME tech support!! :D

He also said that the Rotate, Pan and Zoom features will be in a near future update, so I guess I will be getting PTE.

t

Tim:

Welcome to the world of Fantastic customer servce !!

Igor is always on the spot and and solves problems such as yours immediately if not sooner.

And at the same time he keeps improviong the software constantly.

Find another software developer who does that even for the mega $$ software !! :D:D

Why do we love PTE......?

Hi Tim,

Just catching up with this 'thread' ~ had been busy for a few days.

Your show works fine with my 'Win.2000.Pro' ~Graphics & Sound perfect !

Delighted to see that Igor sorted you out, and that you are still with us.

Brian.Conflow.

Igor is still working on the fix, which it looks like he will have out soon in a v4.42. He is upgrading the sound detector to recognize professional soundcards like the one I use. I can see from working with him on this that his dedication to customer service is second to none! That alone sells me on the program. :)

t