WnSoft Forums

PTE 11 Text

Rosemary A

I have played around with Beta 11 and am very impressed with all the new features. Thank you.

My only regret is the inability to set the size of the text at the beginning of the show and PTE retains that size throughout the show. The text box defaults to 15 which is too large so each text entry has to be adjusted in subsequent slides. I use a lot of text!

Rosemary 

23 hours ago, Rosemary A said:

My only regret is the inability to set the size of the text at the beginning of the show and PTE retains that size throughout the show. The text box defaults to 15 which is too large so each text entry has to be adjusted in subsequent slides. I use a lot of text!

There are 2 solutions:

A. Copy a text objec as a draft with desired options and then paste on other new slides.

B. Or create a slide style for one slide with a text caption. Before create a slide style, assign a text object as a Text commentary in a popup menu for an object. Then you can quickly apply this style to a new images in the Slide list and text a text commentary directly in the Slide styles window, or later in the O&A editor.

Thank you Igor for getting back to me. I do use option A just now but still would like the ability to set the text size at the beginning of the show and the program maintains that text size. Is it possible to change the default Zoom to a smaller number and the program maintains that size until changed? Obviously I no nothing about programming.

It would be interesting if other PTE users would like this feature or is it just me.

Rosemary

12 minutes ago, Rosemary A said:

Is it possible to change the default Zoom to a smaller number

The Zoom Size depends on how many lines of text you have.

To change it, simple drag the 'grab handles' around the text to the size you want.
I never look at the numbers, unless I want to copy them for a particular reason.

I always just set my Text up once & then copy & paste to other slides or Objects - very quick & easy.

Also with the new Quick Slide Style it is even easier to copy several Text Obkects at once.

Jill

22 hours ago, jkb said:

The Zoom Size depends on how many lines of text you have.

To change it, simple drag the 'grab handles' around the text to the size you want.
I never look at the numbers, unless I want to copy them for a particular reason.

I always just set my Text up once & then copy & paste to other slides or Objects - very quick & easy.

Also with the new Quick Slide Style it is even easier to copy several Text Obkects at once.

Jill

Thank you Jill. I use your method all the time too but I still feel that it would be so much easier to just set the text size at the beginning of the show and the text size would be maintained. I have yet to try the new Quick Slide Style. Where is it? I have PTE 11 Beta.

Rosemary

17 minutes ago, Rosemary A said:

Quick Slide Style. Where is it? I have PTE 11 Beta.

Set your Text up on a Slide

Click Slide (Main Menu)
Select Create Quick Style
Click the Slide(s) you want to copy the Text to
Click Slide (Main Menu) & Select Apply Quick Style

The beauty of this new feature is that it doesn't alter the Slide Duration or Transition Times.
So you can quickly apply to all Slides you need without altering any timings as normal Slide Styles do.

Jill

• Like 2