WnSoft Forums

Corrupted files

nelson

I have a real head scratcher that started happening. In version 11 if you click file open and locate to where you have saved your files most of the time it works. Once in a while it will appear for 1 second and disappear.

When you open your file folder and double click it opens in 10.0.14 even though it was made in version 11.

When I check to see in properties it is set to open in PTE AV Studio, it is saying the project was created in a newer version of PTE Studio.

Yes that is correct but the message is in PTE 10.0.14.

next step was to delete the program fully and reload , no difference.

Earlier I rolled back to an earlier date when everything was working. It worked as it should for awhile then started again.

It is obvious one of the shows has corrupted things, but which one?

I will have to spend some time trying to sort this out, wish me luck.

Kieron

More info:

I tried opening shows from another drive and they also open in 10.0.14.

for some reason it is pointing to that to open my files made in version 11.

I tried opening shows made in 10.5 from the folders, they open in 10.0.14 also.

They open correctly from the program in 10.5.

Another thing I was trying to extract the shows from the zip archives, they will not extract due to errors.

When I open the shows from the program in version 11 and save them with a new name, it does not make a difference no matter where I save them.

Oh boy!

Thanks for trying to help.

When you do that the exe file in version 11 says PTEAVStudio . that is what it is pointing to when I right click.

However I just tried it again and pointed it there again, presto it is working!!!

Thanks so much for your help, it can get very frustrating.

For some reason it corrupted itself, but that should now take care of it.

I noticed there was a recent windows update and that usually corrupts my wacom tablet and I have to reload the driver.

I really appreciate you putting me on the right track,

Take care,

Kieron

Update:

In the past all I had to do was double click and the file would open in version 11, now I have to right click and choose the top PTE AV Studio line.

The last show I was working on when this happened has a corrupted file which I deleted and the show now works as it should except for the file path.

I can work around this until I can figure out how to resolve the double click.

It works as it should on my laptop, but not this main desktop?

Open with is the same PTEAVStudio.exe in version 10.0, 10.5 and 11.?

I know I am missing something,

Kieron

If I double click the file these are the screenshots that I took.

Screenshot opens with.jpg

Screenshot confirm.jpg

When you installed 11 did you tick the box - associate with PTE? (or similar wording)

Sounds like it was unticked - which I think is the default for betas, but not sure.
This would explain why your project is opening with 10.0 or 10.5

I never tick that box while I am working with beta versions, so all my older shows I can simply double click in Explorer & they will open with 10.5
While I am working in the beta I always start PTE11 & then do a File Open - it will of course open the last project I was working on.

Once PTE 11 is finally released I will then tick the associate box when I install it.

Jill

• Like 1

Thanks Jill,

I have tried it both ways, still the same.

I have just reverted to a back up of the drive from a month ago, downloaded version 11 thinking perhaps the registry is corrupted, still the same.

I appreciate the suggestion,

Kieron

I guess I better give up, when reverting back to September's back up which used to work they now open in 10.5 no longer 10.0.14.

I can not open from folders in 11 even with the right click open in command. Must use the program File-Open command.

Tomorrow is another day.

Kieron

Hi Kieron

It sounds to me that your issues all relate to what Jill has referred to. 
I wouldn’t try to get your new projects to automatically open in the version 11 betas. Instead, start Pte11 beta then use File Open to start them. 
Also, each time you install a fresh beta version, make sure that the box which Jill refers to remains unticked. That should ensure that double clicking a file will still open it in Pte10. 

Sorry Jill, for basically repeating what you have said, but I feel sure that you are right. 

Regards

wideangle

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I won't take up any more space on the forum but just to let everyone know the issue is resolved.

I reverted back to beta 5 which was still in my downloads folder and everything is working even the double clicks.

I will leave as is until the final version.

Take care and thanks for reading about my frustrations,

Kieron

• Like 3