WnSoft Forums

Rounding problem in Color window [SOLVED]

jt49

I have another "problem" with the color window (a rounding error?): I open the color window, I set the brightness to B=30, I click OK. Then I reopen the color window, and it shows B=29. There are many other examples of that kind. I see this in V10 and V11. Perhaps it would be better to have a scale of 0-255 for Brightness ;)

1 hour ago, jt49 said:

I have another "problem" with the color window (a rounding error?): I open the color window, I set the brightness to B=30, I click OK. Then I reopen the color window, and it shows B=29. There are many other examples of that kind. I see this in V10 and V11. Perhaps it would be better to have a scale of 0-255 for Brightness ;)

Let me know where exactly it occurs?

4 hours ago, Igor said:

Let me know where exactly it occurs?

You can do what you want to open the color window, e.g. by clicking on a color button of a rectangle. Whatever color you see, set B (of HSB) to 30, click OK, and reopen the color window: Then you will see B=29.

The problem is that we have 100 steps for brightness, while we have 255 steps for the color values. It seems that PTE produces some rounding errors, or uses an incorrect formula. If I set B=30 in Photoshop, the maximum color value will be 77, while PTE chooses 76 (while the correct value should be 76.5, which isn't an integer). In Photoshop, a maximum color value of 76 or 75 also corresponds to B=30 (the change to B=29 comes in Photoshop with 74). So it isn't that bad that PTE chooses a maximum color value of 76 if you set B=30. On the other hand, if you set in PTE the maximum color value to 76, PTE chooses B=29 which I would not regard as being correct (in Photoshop it is B=30).

On 12/11/2022 at 2:08 PM, jt49 said:

Try a new special Beta 8 Build 3:

https://files.wnsoft.com/test/tmp/pteavstudio-setup.exe

• Igor changed the title to Rounding problem in Color window [SOLVED]