WnSoft Forums

muffled audio [SOLVED]

eep

Hi,

Can you send us 1-2 audio files which have this problem?

Can you compare sound quality of your audio files in PTE with playback in QuickTime, or VLC player?

I attach my audio file. Can you compare it on your Mac in PTE and in QuickTime, or in another audio editor/player?

Click 3 dots icon to download the file below:

Howdy,

Thanks for the reply. In fact, I had just tried the files in QuickTime and they sound bad rendered there, also. Your file sounds good. The issue may lie with Audacity, which renders the audio satisfactorily. I've tried several recording settings without any improvement. Arrrghh.

Dying a thousand deaths,

-Ed

5 hours ago, eep said:

Howdy,

Thanks for the reply. In fact, I had just tried the files in QuickTime and they sound bad rendered there, also. Your file sounds good. The issue may lie with Audacity, which renders the audio satisfactorily. I've tried several recording settings without any improvement. Arrrghh.

Dying a thousand deaths,

-Ed

Hi Ed. What version of Audacity are you using, I use 2.4.2. I heard there was some problem with later versions so I didn't up-date. Rosy

• Igor changed the title to muffled audio [SOLVED]