WnSoft Forums

Problem with 2 projects

Aleina Show

My program closed without warning 3 times yesterday. The situation was such that I opened 2 copies of the program at the same time with different projects in order to copy the slides from one and transfer them to another project. So, when playing the second project, one version of the program simply closed 3 times. Today I tried to repeat this problem, but everything works fine. I didn't understand the reason. Perhaps the projects are too heavy for 2 copies of the programs at the same time. I will still watch. If this is not an accident, then I will write.
The rest of the time the program works stably.

• Like 1

Thanks for your responses!

7 hours ago, Aleina Show said:

My program closed without warning 3 times yesterday. The situation was such that I opened 2 copies of the program at the same time with different projects in order to copy the slides from one and transfer them to another project. So, when playing the second project, one version of the program simply closed 3 times. Today I tried to repeat this problem, but everything works fine. I didn't understand the reason. Perhaps the projects are too heavy for 2 copies of the programs at the same time. I will still watch. If this is not an accident, then I will write.
The rest of the time the program works stably.

I guess that it happened in a project which contains video clips and Release Candidate 1 version?
Did you observe the same in version 10.5?

9 hours ago, Igor said:

I guess that it happened in a project which contains video clips and Release Candidate 1 version?
Did you observe the same in version 10.5?

Yes, Igor, I worked in Release Candidate 1. Both projects contain video files. I did not notice such problems in version 10.5.
Today I installed Release Candidate 2, opened 2 projects and again the program closed in the process of viewing the second project. Opened a second time, works fine. That is, there is some instability. Doesn't interfere much with work, but the fact is.

I also noticed that projects, with video, made with PTE AV Studio 11 beta 8 & 9 show problems when rendering.

1) When playing the video in "Objects and Animation" and on the screen in the "Main Window", the playback stutters, the screen turns green and the program freezes. Only restarting helps, but the problem does not go away.
2) A created "exe file for PC" and a "save exe file for PC" with PTE AV Studio 11 beta 8 shows the same error as in 1)
3) When playing the exe it gives a jerky playback of some videos and after the jerky passage, the screen turns green and the exe freezes.

Maybe important and solution:
- I have never experienced similar problems with previous projects using PTE AV Studio 10.5 and using the same computer.

- The mp4 file then generated from the same project shows no problems and plays flawlessly.

- Just before the introduction of PTE AV Studio 11 beta 8 I updated from Windows 11 21H2 to Windows 11 22H2. After this update everything apparently worked without problems (including other software), even with PTE AV-Studio 11 I did not find the same problems anymore.

- I made the relevant exes again and after the Windows update they play perfect, without the hitches, nor green screens, etc.
This apparently solved the problem for me.

Greetings,

Cor

Hi Cor,

Thanks for this info.

PTE AV Studio depends on quality of graphics drivers. And some heavy process (high CPU loading) which works in background of Windows 10/11 may cause the problem of jerky playback.

If any problem occurs with v11.0 Beta, run previous stable version 10.5 and compare results. I recommend to restart Windows and repeat testing between version 10.5 and 11.0 Beta.

After reading this forum and reports from users, I see that the new version 11.0 RC2 version has the same stability as version 10.5.

So we hope to release the final version soon.