WnSoft Forums

worn out question but need help

Deb

Obviously, there are two different "camps" here, perhaps they are based on a misunderstanding.

We might both be saying something different, but hearing the same thing.

Regarding Ronniebootwest last posting that at 1024x768 image is MUCH larger at 300 dpi than 72 dpi...

If I start with a 3072x2048 image straight out of my camera and reduce it to 1024x682 (keeping same proportions and full image) leaving it at the dpi PhotoShop reads from the camera (180dpi) I get a file size of 68kb at quality 6

If I take the same 3072x2048 image, change the dpi to 72 and then change size to 1024x682, I get the same file size at quality 6 - 68kb

Doing it a different way...

If I take the same 3028x2048 image and use the CROP tool first set to 1024x768 at 72dpi I get a 63kb image at quality 6 image

If I take the same 3028x2048 image and use the CROP tool first set to 1024x768 at 300dpi I get the same 63kb image at quality 6 image

(Obviously the resultant file size, even at the same quality setting, will vary from image to image depending on the amount of detail etc in it)

I hope what I have been saying is now clearer

Over and out on this topic....

Lumenlux

That would be the case in Photoshop or Elements if the resample box was not ticked, but if it is ticked the file size will grow.

Now, I knew exactly what your post meant, but some do not.

Barry

I getting bored now, what can we debate next................Why are we all here anyway..

:rolleyes: