WnSoft Forums

Mentally challenged newbie needs help.

Avery

OK, so I have PTE AV Studio 10.5.9, running on a Mac - Ventura 13.0.1. It thinks it is considerably smarter than me and it does consistently win all battles of will. I am disinclined from letting the situation remain unchanged.

All I want to do is insert a picture, either to add the extra picture or to replace one that is already in the series (timeline?), but, whenever I do, the new image may hide behind one that is already there, and/or the timing will change for one or more of the existing pictures.

Currently I neither drink nor swear and I would like to keep things that way. Help, please. How do I just drag and drop a picture into place without the timing being affected for adjacent slides?

And where do I find a written reference manual?

And is the new & latest version of AV Studio a worthwhile purchase?

Firstly welcome to PTE, once you get the hang of things you will realise how easy it is to use.

Secondly, Yes PTE 11 is well worth upgrading to for the new features.
Drag'n'Drop in the Objects & Animations is worth the upgrade alone without all the other new features.

To try to answer your questions.
To add, delete or move images to a different place do it in Slide View, not Timeline view.
Use Timeline View to adjust the Durations & Transition Times of Slides & to sync with the music.

When adding a new Slide the reason that the times will change on adjacent Slides is because the Default Setting are to have 'Show Full Duration'
This can be very confusing for new workers as if you have changed durations or Transition times, then moving a Slide can change the Transition Time or Duration.
The 'Full Duration' includes the Transition Time of the following Slide so it will change depending on what is following the current Slide.

Have a look in Settings/Preferences/Project and see if the options are ticked - see screen shot below.
It is up to you how you work and some people prefer to have these settings on, but a lot (myself included) prefer to have them Off.

Try both to see what happens & then decide which you prefer.

Enjoy PTE and you will soon be making some great shows.
Jill

KFSD.JPG.99f7a5ea99636242971e974fe64295bd.JPG

Thank you very much for that, Jill.

I haven't had a chance to try it out yet but I certainly shall.

I  do occassional talks to WI Probus etc and this is a major upgrade from Powerpoint, though I shall struggle without presenter notes.

Any ideas on a workround for that?

Steve.

For doing talks, you mainly need to know what you are doing & rehearse it before each talk.
That's what I do.

With the new feature in PTE11 you can easily export all the Slides as smaller jpgs & then print them out with some notes if you find that helps.

It would be useful if in a future version we could run PTE so that the FullScreen view could be put on a different monitor (ie the Projector) but still be able to have the Project open on the laptop to be able to see what the following Slides were.

Good Luck with the Talks.

Jill

Thanks Jill.

Yes, I normally manage without notes but now I've acheived the age of struggling with shirt buttons, so I need prompts and notes.

I might, if it becomes neccessary, make a Poweerpoint version of any talks and print it out from there.

I'll see how it goes.

Steve.