WnSoft Forums

Master Video Track (SOLVED)

Barry Beckham

After receiving a question about this, I realised it was an area of PTE I had hardly looked at, so I have tried to work out how this all works and even referred to the handbook below for guidance.  I confess that it has me beat. 

I add an 8s video clip and set it as a master video track in O&A. I drag down the same video again and via the O&A set that linked to the master video. The option doesn’t say link to the master video clip, it says link to, and gives me the file name that presumably is the same thing.

The first video plays its entire 8s up to the end of the fade to the next and then stops. It now looks like a still image and I cannot work out what I’m doing wrong.  Is there some trick to this I’m missing? It sounds simple from the guidance below, but I cannot get it to do anything worthwhile.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated. 

Single Video / Master Video Button

• Single Video Clip plays only for the duration of the current slide
  • Master Video track - If the same video is added to multiple slides the first instance of the video can be set to Master Video Track. All further instances on subsequent slides can be set to “Link to <the Master Video Track>”. The result is a Video clip running continuously over multiple slides.

Barry, your video needs to be longer than the duration of at least 1 Slide.

You add your Slides to the Timeline in the normal way.

In O&A add your Video on Slide 1 (or wherever you want it to start) as a Master Video

Adjust it's size/position/opacity etc as required

Easiest option is to Copy & Paste the video onto the next Slide
It will automatically be set as Link To

Continue to Copy & Paste onto subsequent Slides for the Length of the Video.

The video will then play continuously over several slides

Hope this helps

Jill

Jill

Thats just about what I did, especially the copy and paste part and I noticed that they pick up the master automatically. Perhaps an 8s video isn’t long enough. I’ll have another go later with a longer video.

Thanks for the help

En el ejemplo que has puesto, debes cambiar el tiempo de las 2 diapositivas por ejemplo a 7.5 segundos , y se reproducirá hasta el final

In the example you have given, you must change the time of the 2 slides, for example, to 7.5 seconds, and it will play until the end

example: https://we.tl/t-Oyt4HaLgwM

12 hours ago, Barry Beckham said:

still can't get my head around this.

Hi Barry as I said above, you need to add your video in O&A to 2 or more Slides.

Don't add the video in Timeline or Slide view

The Slides - Still images need to be added to the Timeline as normal.
The video (smaller than full size) is then added ontop of the still images, or the size of the still is reduced & the full size video set to be behind the still

The duration of your video needs to be longer than the duration of at least 1 Slide.

So if your video is only 8 secs then you need at least 2 slides where the first has a duration of less than 8 secs.
The video will then continue to play into the 2nd Slide until it runs out.

You would normally use Master Video where you have a much longer video that needs to play over several Slides.

If as in your example above you simply want to repeat the video then just add it as narmal several times.

Jill

• Like 1

For me in a video + slide/s I do like this:

1  Video Via O&A, Master

2 I insert the slide/s where it needs

3  Video/Copy and I Paste on Slide/s I needs.

Everything in the Timeline

Ghulya

Jill, so you are saying that you need a still image for each or the repeated videos?

If so, does the length of the still image make any difference?

This seems to be a rather obtuse way of simply looping a video until you stop it.

The point of Master/Linked Video is to play a longer video continuously over/under several Slides - It is NOT for looping a video

The Slides may be still images or a video themselves

It is to build up a montage effect and when I use it I usually have the video in a Mask to give a soft edge to it rather than just having a smaller sized video.

But it can be used in different ways depending on what you are trying to produce

If you just want to repeat (loop) a video then just add it several times as a normal video

Jill

Thank you to those who have made suggestions and the only one that I hadn’t already tried was Jill’s suggestion that the video needs to be added in the O&A.

Would it be an arrogant thing to say that if someone with 20+ years of experience of PTE AV Studio cannot get this working even with some help. Something somewhere is wrong, maybe it’s my brain.   You’ll see below what I am getting.  Video Removed

Barry, it is doing exactly what I would expect.

The video plays for it's duration of 14 secs & then stops.

I cannot see what the duration of each Slide is, but managed to make out that the total duration is 20 secs?
So your Slides are longer than the length of the video.

If you want the video to keep playing for the entire length of the project, then you either need to shorten the Slide duration to be the same length as the video,

Or you need to add the video again after 14 secs, resetting it back to Master Video from 14 secs & then Link on the following Slides where it will play for another 14 secs and so on.
If the Slide durations mean that 14 secs comes in the middle of a Slide then just put the appropriate Offset on the 2nd occurrence of the video so that it will start playing when the first one finishes.

Once you grasp the principal it is quite easy to set up

Jill

Yeah, I’ve got it now. I wrongly assumed my video was being looped, or if not looped then repeated for me.

I’ve been tipped off what my issue was via a PM and as a result I can mark this thread solved.

Thanks to you all, but it’s not exactly user friendly is it.

• Barry Beckham changed the title to Master Video Track (SOLVED)
11 hours ago, Barry Beckham said:

but it’s not exactly user friendly is it.

Barry. glad that you are now sorted & understand what Master Video does.

I think it is very user friendly & a quick way to easily play a video over several slides.

Mostly it is used with longer videos where you want other elements of the image to be changing while the video plays.

Your 8 secs one is quite short for this use.

Jill