WnSoft Forums

Audio Comments

I would like to see some changes to the audio comment recording within PTE AV Studio. I appreciate I use audio recording quite a bit and therefore my needs may not be full representative of others.

Firstly,  I think the fact that you can record the voice directly in the software should be made much more prominent. It’s hidden away, perhaps  a little too well. I’ve even wondered if it needs removing from project options or duplicating and given a much more prominent place.

I admit that I haven’t thought through the implications of this, but in an idea world. I’d like three buttons and shortcuts to go with them.

F9 Starts a voice recording

F10 Ends the recording and saves it automatically to the location I set up at the start. Each successive recording is numbered as it is now

F11 Aborts a recording, for those times when it goes wrong, dumps that recording, so that without any more clicks. F9 would start a new recording

I would also like the ability to affect noise suppression of the entire track in a similar way to Audacity

• Like 2

Text Color: Automatic

Text Color: Black

Text Color: Pale Red

The 3 examples from above show that only the text color "Automatic" adapts to the Forum Themes (Default or Dark Mode). If someone uses "Black" the text will not work well with the Dark Mode.

On 2/7/2023 at 5:02 AM, Barry Beckham said:

I would like to see some changes to the audio comment recording within PTE AV Studio. I appreciate I use audio recording quite a bit and therefore my needs may not be full representative of others.

Firstly,  I think the fact that you can record the voice directly in the software should be made much more prominent. It’s hidden away, perhaps  a little too well. I’ve even wondered if it needs removing from project options or duplicating and given a much more prominent place.

I admit that I haven’t thought through the implications of this, but in an idea world. I’d like three buttons and shortcuts to go with them.

F9 Starts a voice recording

F10 Ends the recording and saves it automatically to the location I set up at the start. Each successive recording is numbered as it is now

F11 Aborts a recording, for those times when it goes wrong, dumps that recording, so that without any more clicks. F9 would start a new recording

I would also like the ability to affect noise suppression of the entire track in a similar way to Audacity

If you want to add a music background to your voice over, how would that affect your suggestion?

Rosy.

• 2 weeks later...

While i dont mind what Barry requires, and must admit i didn't know you could record straight into PTE

so would go along with Barry on this. you can split an audio file but it would be nice too join an audio file

and to be able to copy and paste audio files and copy/paste entire audio track,sorry to get off track