WnSoft Forums

Transition Problems

Rosemary A

I am not sure if this is the same problem as Des. I am in the middle of a show and when I try to change a transition it does not work.

I have set Basic Transition Dissolve as my default. Periodically, I have tried to select "page turn" and it does not work. I have tried others with no result. The pictures appear as if there is no transition between them.

I have since noticed that the transitions seem to stop working after the end of a slidestyle selection on a group of slides.

I am using Windows 10 and PTE AV Studio 11.0.8. 

I have tried a "new show" and selected different transitions and that works fine.

Thanks for any input.

Rosemary

Hello
Thank you for your message.
I've opened a new project1 but it doesn't work. The directional arrows of the advanced "photo-fold" transition are inactive and there is no photo folding. I've noticed that this transition more or less reproduces the effect of the standard "slide" transitions with the down arrow activated.

Hi Rosemary,

Can you send me your project where this problem occur?

If yes, please make a backup in a ZIP using a command from the File menu. And then upload to WeTransfer.com and send me the link.

Also let me know a slide number where this issue occurs.

Rosemary,

I cannot reproduce that problem yet with your project.

Can you unzip a copy of your project to a new folder. And reproduce that problem. Please give me a step by step instruction how you repeat the problem.

Hi Igor, Thank you for trying to reproduce my transition problem. I have tried to record the screen using Windows but it doesn't work so I just used my phone. I hope you can see the problem. I shall send it via We Transfer.

Thank you Jienense. I shall try your method. It is weird that this should happen after a slidestyle. Any transitions chosen after a slidestyle do not seem to register. All I have is a "cut" transition.

Hi Igor, I have reworked my problem show using different slide styles and transitions. It plays beautifully so I think that the problem must be something to do with the combination of slide styles and transitions that I used in the first show. Thank you for trying to find the root cause.

Rosemary

Hi Rosemary,

Thanks for sending me a screen video with this problem.

I see that this slide has zero duration (0) for a transition. It means that any chosen transition will look like a quick transition.

Adjust manually a transition duration and check if the problem will occur again. It's possible that certain slide style could set a quick transition intentionally to reach a certain effect and animation.