WnSoft Forums

EXE size due to adding of videos

Claude RAMIREZ

Hello, am using last version of PTE AV studio 11 Pro and have built a PTE exclusively composed of videos. As the consequent EXE file is of course quite heavy (4.71 Go), have used the option "do not include file in EXE" in order not to exceed the (I think) 3.9 Go EXE maximum size. Despite of this precaution and whichever the number and/or weight of the videos excluded from the EXE, the conversion of the PTE into an EXE file has a permanent size of 4.71 Go and cannot be red. Please help. Thank you.

Claude, an oldtimer and pioneer PTE fan. 

Thank you jbk. As a matter of fact, I've already made an .AVI video weighing 5.7 Go for friends not liking EXEs or using Apple computers. The reading quality is not bad, but nothing compares to the EXE quality on the one hand, and I would like to understand why the "not include in EXE" function doesnot work, on the other hand. May be WnSoft experts might find the answer ? Some bug ?

By the way, I'm a french oldtimer, therefore please pardon my sometimes "pigeon english"^_^

Claude

Hi Claude, avi is an uncompressed file, so will be much larger.

The quality of MP4 with the latest version of PTE is the same as an exe and can be played on all devices Windows, Mac or Phone.
See Publish/HD and 4K video - leave everything at the default settings.

When you exclude video from exe the file size of the exe should be much smaller especially if all your show is video.
The videos will still be placed in the same Folder as the exe and you will need to send all files for someone else to play.

Jill

• Like 1

Hi Claude,

I quickly tested with a simple project. If I tick an option "Do not include file to EXE" for a video clip, the resulting EXE file will be smaller, than with unticked option.

If your project contain many video clips (may be half of the project) we recommend to produce a MP4 video. PTE AV Studio creates highly optimized video with a very good visual quality.

Untick "Hardware acceleration" for video output to get the best result.