WnSoft Forums

No playback when recording [SOLVED]

snapcam

I have windows. All setting seem OK.

Rechecked sound tabs and what happens when Yeti is plugged in  is the Yeti is the default mic but in playback the speakers change to Yeti Classic Default Device . I just realised that the sound is in the Yeti connected headphones. 

I'm new to this Yeti maybe it has to be used with headphones or separate speakers.

My playback is normally through an LG sound bar. Once the Yeti is plugged in the sound bar is cut off and the Yeti becomes the default. playback is then through Speakers i.e. headphones or speakers plugged into Yeti headphone jack plug. I am convinced that is my problem.

PTE automatically uses for audio output the device that Windows marks as "Standard" (or "Default"). So within PTE you cannot do anything. A solution for a future version of PTE: Allow the user to  choose the output device for PTE, as we can do it in the audio player "foobar2000":

Foobar2000-Preferences.png.381a70ecf295d5d9f3da0bd21c6e0856.png

Thanks for the replies. I  now think that the Yeti is designed for use with plugged in headphones or speakers. It becomes the default payback once plugged in.

I have plugged my external speakers into the yeti and all works well. Just a pity it is extra work when working in PTE.

So I think we can mark this as Solved.

Thanks again

• Igor changed the title to No playback when recording [SOLVED]